● Clear commitment to Christ and the church, evidenced by a mature and growing relationship
● A deep desire to build up and disciple the next generation.
● Has a successful track record of leading programs.
● Exhibits strong administrative and interpersonal skills.
● Teachable, flexible, and exhibits a desire for continued learning.
● Team player and is willing to contribute to the vision of the MVC community.
● Shows a natural aptitude for communicating the Gospel in various settings.
● Has biblical and theological training:
o At minimum, director must have a Bachelor of Arts or an equivalent at time of hiring.
● Demonstrates a commitment to the purpose statement of MVC and the Essential Tenets and
Polity of ECO.
● Participate regularly in the major adult ministries of the church i.e., worship, small groups and
● Privately practice the spiritual disciplines of prayer, study, worship and the giving of tithes and
offerings to the church.
● Seeks to maintain a loving Christian relationship with one’s spouse, children, parents, friends,
neighbors and co-workers.
o Program development for Rise Nights and Sunday School
o Teach 3-4 times a month on Wednesdays.
o Develop and lead Bible studies for High School.
o Organize and lead all youth activities: summer camps, fundraisers, retreats, service
projects, mission trips, etc.
o Participate in and support Children’s Ministry VBS.
o Oversee the coordination of Senior Sunday.
o Work with the Worship Director to plan Wednesday night worship.
● Digital Ministry
o Work with staff to develop Rise’s social media presence and engagement via Instagram,
Facebook, website, etc.
o Determine use and viability of the Rise app.
o Continue to innovate and advance MVC’s mission to be a church with a “digital platform
& physical location.”
o Run Youth Staff meeting.
o Attend Core Staff meetings and retreats.
o Evaluate performance of youth staff.
o Recruit, train, and retain small group leaders for Rise Nights
o Develop and oversee Rise student leadership w/ youth staff.
o Recruit and support all cooks, drivers, etc. for youth events.
o Provide supervision and discipleship of summer youth interns.
o Invest in students both at MVC and off-campus.
o Build a strong rapport with parents, volunteers, and colleagues.
o Create ties with community leaders outside of MVC.
o Reach out to youth who do not participate in weekly meetings.
o Participate in at least one conference a year for professional development.