The Bradenton CRC has deep roots in the Bradenton area, and we anticipate that God blesses us with a vibrant future in Southwest Florida. We are praying that God sends a disciple of Jesus Christ to assist us in our 400+ member church. We have a blend of young and old, our worship is not strictly traditional or contemporary, and we are a creedal and confessional church in the Reformed tradition. Since we have a variety of ministry opportunities, primarily youth, small groups, and discipleship, we are not trying to find someone who has gifts and abilities in all these areas. Instead, we ask that you pray whether the Holy Spirit is prompting you to come to Bradenton after which the search committee, with your help, determines how your gifts and talents may benefit the ministry of the Bradenton CRC.
Reports To: Consistory
Schedule: 25 hours per week
A. Preaching / Teaching:
This position is either a part to full-time Youth Director Or a Youth Pastor Internship.
1. Preach as needed; typically, 1 morning and 2 evening services per month. Preach God’s Word by properly exegeting the biblical text, staying within the creeds and confession of the CRC, clearly communicating the truths of the text, and applying the text to the lives of the congregants This provision will not apply to a strictly Youth Director position.
2. Be available to participate in teaching Sunday classes, seminars, and catechism
3. Leading the pre-profession of faith classes
4. Speak at BCS chapel when requested
B. Fellowship / Pastoring:
1. Lead regular Youth gatherings to encourage growth and fellowship
2. Lead, plan, and attend various church-sponsored Youth outings and service trips
3. On Sunday if/when preaching, greet those who attended the service as they exit
4. Attend on-campus events at BCS as necessary to support BCRC youth.
Attend one of the weekly prayer meetings when able and lead the congregation in prayer during
the worship services as needed
D. Administrative Duties
1. Meet all CRC denominational requirements
2. Provide feedback and assist in setting vision, mission, goals, and metric
Basic Criteria: 20-25 Hours per Week to Fulltime
Benefits: 20-25 Health Insurance (Single), Housing on Campus
Education / Experience: Bachelor’s Degree (or similar) in Youth Ministry
Personal Theology: Reformed /Calvinistic Able to teach Youth using Reformed Confessions
(Heidelberg Catechism, Canons of Dort, Belgic Confession)
Reports to: Associate Pastor
Program Oversight/ Responsibilities: Direct Supervision of Education
Focus / Main Purpose: Facilitate the Spiritual Growth of our Youth
Direct Responsibility: GEM’S, Cadets, HS Youth Group/ MS Youth Group, Sunday School (PreK- 5th Grade), Vacation Bible School, Serve Projects, and Mission Trips Bradenton Christian School: Chapel speaker when requested.
On-campus when appropriate Weekly Meetings and Activities: Sunday AM Worship, Attend Sunday School, Sunday PM Worship, Sunday Evening, Wednesday Night, Staff Meeting
Superintendent of Education
Lead a Sunday School Class (Preferably Middle school class)
Lead Middle School Youth Group
Lead High School Youth Group
Attend Monthly Meetings and Activities: Education Committee
Attend as voting member Consistory: N/A
Importance of Discipleship: Relationship Focused
Discipleship is not a committee or program: It is our “operating system.” It is commanded of us as Christians.
Spiritual maturity: (Mark 12:30) (Matthew 28:19)
Bradenton CRC’s youth ministries are extremely important ministries that are focused on building
relationships between our Covenant Youth and Christ. The Youth Director will strive to have a Christian relationship with our Covenant Youth, focused on developing and growing in their relationship with Christ.
The Youth Director Is not involved in every ministry/ but is expected to support and encourage every BCRC activity.