Compensation = Salary + Housing (optional)
Lead the ministry for young people of middle and high school ages through faith formation, relationship-building, and engagement in the community.
- Be committed to the church’s ministries, programs and mission.
- Provides a courteous, professional and welcoming presence in the church at all times.
- Exhibit a willingness to develop new skills and expand responsibilities as changing church needs/ministries require.
- Work well individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to engage authentically, intentionally and respectfully with young people, parents, and volunteers.
- Experience with guiding young people to growing in their faith.
- Deep personal faith commitment.
- Build relationships with the youth and between the youth.
- Establish goals for the youth program in consultation with the Lead Pastor.
- Arrange opportunities for youth participation in the worship services.
- Provide supervision of Sunday School classes for youth in grades six through twelve.
- Oversee youth activities during the week, as needed.
- Plan and lead youth mission trips.
- Prepare youth for transition to post-secondary church participation.
- Keep the congregation, parents, teachers and volunteers informed through a variety of media including, but not limited to, email, newsletter articles, parent letters and social media.
- Attend weekly church staff meeting.
- Attend quarterly Church Council meetings.
- Establish youth budget and maintain all finances
- Submit requests for the purchase of materials and supplies and other financial support through the appropriate church committees.
- Responsible for general housekeeping, organizing and decoration of the Youth room.
- Volunteer Development: Recruit, train and engage volunteers to help the youth grow in their intentional faith development and involve them in church activities to create a sense of community.
- Part-time position with Sunday hours included.
- Weekly staff meeting
- Quarterly Church Council meetings
How To Apply
Email Resume, Cover Letter, and 3 References by email.