Indian Valley Faith Fellowship is seeking a part-time Director of Children’s Ministries. We’re looking for someone to join our staff who loves Jesus and is passionate about teaching and ministering to children within the church and in the community.
Description of position:
- The director of children’s ministries leads children’s ministry activities for the children of IVFF as well as outreach to children in the Harleysville community.
- Children’s ministry covers birth through 5th grade.
- Our outreach programs include our Wednesday night kids club (NowKids) and Summer VBS.
- Our Sunday morning programs include Nursery, Children’s Church, and Sunday School
- New Friends Nursery School (NFNS) is also a ministry of IVFF that is separate from Children’s ministries but benefits from close connections between the two
- To encourage children to become devoted followers of Jesus Christ through the ministries of IVFF
- To develop caring relationships with parents and children
- To lead and equip volunteers to effectively serve in children’s ministry
- To be part of the overall mission of IVFF in the Harleysville area
Principal Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee children’s outreach programs, primarily Wednesday night kids club and summer VBS
- Oversee Sunday morning children’s programs including Nursery, Children’s church, and Sunday School
- Participate with and/or lead other church events, primarily kid-related aspects
- Select and implement curriculum for all programs, birth-5th grade, as part of the IVFF Christian Education committee (BOCE)
- Recruit, train, direct and assist volunteers in children’s ministries.
- Oversee children’s ministry budget, order/manage supplies, and record expenditures.
- Submit an Annual Report for Children’s Ministries
- To be a committed, mature follower of Jesus Christ
- To love children and help them become committed followers of Jesus Christ.
- To be passionate about children’s ministry
- To be a faithful member of IVFF and agree with our statement of faith
- To have the ability to lead, teach and shepherd children, parents, and volunteers
- To have the ability to lead volunteers – inspiring, organizing, training, growing
- To have the skills in planning, organization and communication necessary to run children’s programs effectively