● Candidates must first and foremost fit the biblical role of those who lead in Jesus’ church. While the whole of scripture gives insight into what it looks like to be this type of leader, the pastoral epistles (1 and 2 Timothy and Titus) summarize well the qualifications for pastors. (Please see 1 Timothy 3:1-7; 2 Timothy 2:22-26; 2 Timothy 4:1-5; Titus 1:5-2:1).
● Candidates must be credential holders, or able to become credential holders with the PAOC
● Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada
● Ability to recognize and help establish ministries based on the continually changing needs of the congregation
● Strong sense of integrity and understanding of confidentiality
● A passion for equipping and supporting the growth of ministry leaders and volunteers within the local church
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● The Associate Pastor will be directly responsible for giving oversight to the formulation of ministries within Bethel Church. Giving aid to this process, a general church assessment (Through the Unstuck Church Group) will be taking place in the Fall of 2022. The associate pastor will work alongside the staff and congregation in this process to develop ministries that align with the church’s mission and vision. As this process will be taking place under the successful candidate’s watch, the Associate Pastor must be a self-starter as well as capable of administration, equipping and giving direction to general ministry structures and leaders. The majority of the Associate Pastor’s time will be spent here.
● The Associate Pastor will work alongside and under the direction of the Lead Pastor as well as with the current staff team in place. The successful candidate must view being a team player and servant leader as a responsibility.
● The Associate Pastor will regularly prepare and preach sermons, contributing to the books and/or series the Lead Pastor is working through with the congregation. Preaching at Bethel is by and large expository and the task of presenting the word of God to the people of God is taken very seriously. The Associate Pastor can expect to cover roughly 1 in every 4 weeks in the pulpit.
● The Associate Pastor must prioritize the reading of scripture and time spent in prayer. Seeking Jesus and being open to His leading through the Holy Spirit should be an integral part of pastoral ministry at Bethel.
● Given the nature of this position, the Associate Pastor must be willing to work somewhat flexible hours that include some evenings and Saturdays.
● The pay range for this position is 50,000-60,000 a year (based on experience).
● Benefits will include medical and after one year of employment RRSP contributions through the PAOC’s plan matched at 2.5%.
● Vacation will be based on experience.
○ One through four years experience will receive three weeks of vacation
○ Five through nineteen years will receive four weeks of vacation
○ Twenty years or more will receive five weeks of vacation
● A Sabbatical will be earned after every six years of ministry service as per church sabbatical policies.
● A signing bonus of $2500.00 will be provided to help cover moving expenses.
● Applications may be submitted to Pastor Jared by email. Only applicants who are being considered for the position will be contacted