Status: Full time / Exempt / Salaried / 40 hours per week
Reports to: Senior Pastor
The following statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in this position. Other duties may be assigned.
Purpose of Position
To support the vision and ministry of Fourth Presbyterian Church through teaching and shepherding the congregation with a focus on adult education and discipleship.
Work with the Chair and members of the Adult Education and Men’s Ministry Committees, in
coordination with the Senior Pastor, to:
• Oversee all aspects of the Adult Education and Men of Fourth ministries of Fourth Church
• Provide strategic oversight and integration of Adult Education and Men of Fourth operational
details/needs into the larger matrix of the Adult Ministries
• Develop ministry objectives and strategies for reaching those objectives
• Teach on a regular basis and preach as needed
Adult Education Duties
• Develop in conjunction with the committee an updated three/five-year plan, outlining the essential vision and goals for the program, strategically structuring the program to accord with
these goals, then implementing that structure, in the form of a three-five-year curriculum of core courses and offerings.
• Manage all operational details of the Adult Education program.
• Teach regularly (in particular, provide leadership for the 9:30 Bible Exposition Class.
• Oversee all operational details of scheduling teachers and classes. This will entail (1) the
cultivation of personal relationships with teachers; (2) the recruitment of new teachers; and (3) the training of teachers.
• Oversee the prospering of the program, with a goal toward maximizing congregational participation in Adult Education classes, events, and community groups.
• Oversee the Wednesday Fourth Night program and teach within it regularly.
• Raise up, work with, and care for a group of volunteers to serve the needs of the Adult Education ministry in various capacities.
• Implement and oversee annual Men’s Conference.
• Oversee and direct the Men of Fourth as the staff liaison to the Men’s Ministry Committee.
• Teach both Men and Women’s Bible Studies as required by the Senior Pastor
• Participate in all worship services or other functions as required or requested by the Senior
Pastor, praying, reading, and preaching as asked.
• Hospital visitation as and when requested to do so by the Senior Pastor.
• Attend the weekly pastors’ meeting on Tuesday mornings.
Interested candidates submit Ministerial Data Form, cover letter, and resume by email to Sallie
Holdrich or mail to:
Fourth Presbyterian Church
5500 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20816