The youth/young adult pastor of NorthWinds Church, under the direction of the lead pastor, will coordinate and oversee all ministry activities related to NorthWinds Church for those in 6th-12th grade (youth ministry) & those who are young adults as well. This will be done in alignment with the mission of NorthWinds—“Loving and leading people to experience abundant life in Christ”. The youth/young adult pastor will develop and implement programs or initiatives designed to attract students & young adults and meet their spiritual needs. The ministry will need to be focused upon introducing individuals to Jesus Christ, helping those who know Christ to grow in their walk with Him, equipping them and their leaders alike to do the work of the ministry, and providing opportunities for ministry.
General Ministry Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and oversee all student ministries & young adult activities and programs.
- Student Ministries meets every Sunday night from 6-7:30 pm
- Young adults is a currently undeveloped ministry.
- Faithfully attend church services and church wide activities.
- Morning worship is 10 am on Sundays
- Each 5th Sunday we have a “carry-in” fellowship meal
- Be the primary teacher of the student ministries program.
- Pray for those in your ministry spectrum.
- Be accountable directly to the Lead Pastor.
- Be prepared for and attend bi-weekly meetings with the Lead Pastor.
- Discuss weekly goals, accomplishments, concerns, etc…
- Promote student & young adult ministries to the church and local community.
- Develop and oversee a yearly budget for these ministries.
- Make the Lead Pastor aware of any situations (regardless of how minor they may appear) which could affect the church, or where additional counsel is needed.
- Build relationships while keeping appropriate boundaries.
Student ministries at NorthWinds and in our community (approximately 70% of your time)
- Disciple and mentor teens for ministry and leadership roles.
- Recruit and train a team of volunteers (some volunteers are currently active)
- Create ministry opportunities for the students.
- Provide retreats, conferences, camps, ministry opportunities, mission trips, etc…
- Develop activities that provide opportunities for fun and fellowship.
- Develop outreach events that appeal and reach out to the unsaved.
Young Adult ministries at NorthWinds and in our community (approximately 30%)
- Build this ministry from the ground up as it currently doesn’t exist.
- Primary focus of this ministry is to be discipleship in the context of relationship.
- Recruit and train a team of volunteers (since this ministry currently does not exist, there are currently no volunteers)
- Provide opportunities for fun & fellowship, service and outreach.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume by email.
If you don’t hear back from Pastor Dave within just a few days, please reach out again as sometimes filters and folders can cause emails to be missed.