Job Description – Discipleship and Connections Pastor (Full-Time Position)
Hikes Point desires to help all people become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. For this role, HPCC is seeking an individual gifted in the areas of discipleship, group care, and spiritual formation. This individual must exemplify an attitude of Christ and have a heart to help others discover God’s love for them, help them grow in this relationship, and encourage them to reach their full potential of impacting their community for Jesus Christ.
1. Immersed believer of Jesus Christ and an ordained minister of New Testament Christianity. 2. A conviction on the infallibility of God’s Word.
3. Demonstrate a genuine love for people as the highest priority of ministry through communication, cooperation, and personal relationships.
4. Demonstrate a love for Jesus where He is both Lord and Savior.
5. Demonstrate a commitment of love, integrity, open communication, honesty, and harmony. 6. Exhibit a work ethic of initiative, follow-through, organization, and positive attitude.
2. Executive Pastor
1. Develop a robust Small Group model/ministry for adults of all ages
2. Oversee and train Sunday morning Bible Study teacher/facilitators
3. Help oversee teachers and facilitators of adult elective classes at HPCC 4. Oversee the spiritual gifts assessment program at HPCC
Connection and Engagement
- Be a part of HPCC’s Starting Point Class (a class that meets quarterly to share the history, mission, and vision of the church with visitors and new members)
- Be an active part of the ministry staff team that meets with new members
- Help develop, implement, and sustain an effective process to follow up with visitors and regular attenders.
- Work alongside the ministry staff to create a clear engagement pathway for visitors, regular attenders, and members.
- Develop, implement, and sustain a Connect to HPCC class that consists of an emphasis on HPCC beliefs and ways to help new members and visiting families connect to the life of HPCC.
- Create opportunities of connection for younger families.
1. Develop and train leaders/facilitators for support groups at HPCC (Grief share, single parents, addiction groups, etc.)
- Assist in HPCC’s three-prong Pastoral Care model alongside the HPCC Elders and Ministry staff to make phone calls, emails, texts, and visits to members and visitors to care for the needs of a person and their family.
- Fulfill ministerial/pastoral duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor (including, but not limited to hospital visitation, on-call duties, counseling, weddings, and funerals).
- Assist in contact and minister to HPCC members who have become inactive in corporate worship.
1. Bible College/University Graduate with a B.A./B.S. degree in Bible.
2. Previous full-time ministry experience including working with groups and overseeing an adult discipleship ministry or equivalent.
3. Become an active member of HPCC and if married, spouse must also be an active member of HPCC. 4. Self-starter and have the ability to work hard in a growing church. Innate people skills: a perceptive, present, and compassionate listener.
5. Able to inspire and motivate believers to engage in personal spiritual practices that will move them toward Christlikeness.
6. Well-developed communication skills: experienced in teaching, speaking, and encouraging others.
7. Has demonstrated the ability to successfully plan and implement ministry programs and events.
8. Experience in working with teams; needs to have positive and productive background overseeing teams.
1. Maintain a consistent, personal devotional life with Jesus Christ.
2. Maintain a wholesome family life through time, priority, and commitment.
3. Be involved in the regular study of God’s Word and any extra-Biblical literature that will advance knowledge of the Scriptures.