HOURS: 40 Hours per week
The staff minister is expected to conduct their professional and personal life in such a manner as to be above reproach. At all times, they should be like Christ in character.
General Purpose of Position:
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to student ministry (teaching, group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model. The primary age group they will work with is 6th-12th grade.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
This minister reports to the executive leadership team for spiritual and ministry guidance. The ministry staff submits to the authority of the elders.
There shall be a comprehensive approach to developing and implementing the student ministry at all levels and in all ministry areas of the local church. The comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to:
- Love youth where they are.
- Encourage youth to develop their relationship with God.
- Provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth.
- Challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and the world.
- To work together as a church family and not as a separate entity.
- Lead monthly student events
- Regularly partner with parents through various communications; home visits, phone calls, texts, etc.
- Foster relationships with students and parents
- Cultivate a Christ-like discipleship
- Oversee all programming for children throughout the church.
- Partner with the Children’s Ministry Director
- In consultation with other church leaders, define a vision for the children’s ministry that contributes to the church’s overall vision. Develop a ministry plan to achieve that vision.
- Participate in general pastoral duties (weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.).
- Recruit, develop, and deploy children’s ministry volunteers.
- Regularly report to the Student leadership about the accomplishments of the Student ministry.
- Maintain the integrity of the Student Bible teaching time by ensuring the instruction is consistent with the doctrinal convictions of the church.
- Manage all Student ministry staff that work with children.
- Identify and execute ministry and mission opportunities for children to participate in.
- Have a consultation with other ministry leaders to develop an annual budget for the children’s ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget.
- Review all curricula used by the Student Ministry and ensure they are consistent with the church’s doctrinal commitments.
Qualifications And Aptitudes:
- Experience in a leadership capacity at a local church.
- Demonstrated experience training others in ministry activity.
- A relational and engaging personality tends to value people over completing tasks.
- Experience with multiple types of small group strategies.
- An ability to work with people of varying ethnicities, socio-economic levels, and generations.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
- A personal history of Student Ministry involvement.
- Growing Christian faith and character.
- A commitment to the mission of the church.
- A lifestyle is congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1Tim. 3:1-13; 2Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
- A calling to Student Ministry.
Kyle BaalPhone: (443) 254-5488