Redeemer is seeking to hire a Director of Worship, who would serve the vision of Redeemer by planning and executing worship services, and multiply ministry among the saints by identifying, recruiting and supporting singers and musicians to lead the church in worship. The Director of Worship is crucial in our strategy of multiplication through church planting. He or she will play a vital role in multiplying worship leaders for future church plants. While excellence and experience in musical performance is a prerequisite, the ideal candidate
should display a passion for maximizing the congregation’s participation in both corporate and private/family worship.
• Plan and execute, in coordination with the Senior Pastor, Sunday morning worship, including: liturgies, songs, and elements that complement the sermon and the season of the church calendar.
• Recruit and develop a scheduled rotation of musicians and vocalists that are passionate, skillful, and committed to excellence in leading the church in worship
• Recruit and schedule other volunteers involved in the worship service including: liturgists, Scripture readers, and A/V technicians.
• Imagine and create aesthetic changes to the worship space and experience
• Planning of special services, including: Installation services, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Eve.
• Curate resources for personal/family worship including: Scripture memory songs, liturgies, etc.
• Multiplying volunteers to assist as needed in the other congregations in Renew Polk, and to facilitate our church planting efforts.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Possesses an understanding of and commitment to a winsome expression of Reformed, Biblical worship, characterized by the thoughtful fusion of ancient and contemporary music, and other elements of worship
• Musical competency in guitar and/or piano and voice and experience in leading in worship
• Highly relational; valuing people over ministry programs or production quality
• Strong coordination, delegation, and organizational skills in building teams
• Technically competent with Planning Center, ProPresenter, etc.
• Desires to work with and support the Senior Pastor, and Redeemer staff in the shared ministry goals
This is either a part-time or full-time position. The Director of Worship shall work under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and be accountable to the Session of Redeemer. An annual written performance evaluation shall be done by the Senior Pastor. The position is competitively salaried and includes: health insurance, life and disability insurance, 4 weeks paid vacation and 1 week of professional development annually.
When Applying for the Position Please Include the Following:
• A resume with at least four references
• A video of you leading a worship service
• One order of worship that you helped design
Responses will be received by Director of Operations, Joe Ragsdale. Please email your resume.