The Youth Ministry Director is responsible for the teaching and discipleship programs for 6-12th grade students of Redeemer Presbyterian Church.
• Competence: Proven ability as an effective student discipleship leader.
• Ordination: Either ordained in the PCA or seeking ordination. An assistant pastor.
• Chemistry: Has an affinity with Redeemer’s mission and vision.
• Character: Teachability, humility, moral/ethical integrity, the desire to grow spiritually.
• Calling: Expresses and has confirmation of a desire and call to lead in student ministry.
• Requirements: Affirmation of the mission, values and beliefs of Redeemer Presbyterian Church.
Prayer: Regular prayer for Redeemer youth and their parents.
• Oversee 6-12th grade youth Sunday School (teach 24 Sundays or 2 quarters)
◦ Teach Middle or High school Sunday School
◦ Recruit Middle and High school Sunday School Teachers
• HCA Chapel (10-12X per year between both campuses)
• Bible Studies w/youth
• Youth/Parent discipleship
• Shared weekly teaching at Wednesday youth night.
• Sunday night teaching.
• Wednesday night Youth Group 6-12th grade
◦ Recruit and support volunteers.
◦ Bible lesson
◦ Organize games
◦ Planning sessions with volunteers
• Occasional social/fellowship activities (4-6 per year)
• Sunday night discipleship (6-12th)
• Summer Mission trip participation/leadership assistance
• Outreach ministry participation/leadership assistance
• Presbytery Summer camp involvement and shared leadership (Summerlink)
• General relationship building activities (hospitality/visitation/etc)
• Work with other ministry leaders such as head of Children’s ministry
• Regular staff meetings with ministry team (pastors, administrator, admin assistants)
• Newsletter contributions
• Website maintenance/Youth promo
• Youth/Family activity planning
• Regular Email correspondence with parents/students for PR
• Mission trip planning
• Weekly Youth Email newsletter (basic overviews of weekly events/needs/etc.)
• Monthly written report to the Session
RPC Body Life
• It is expected that ministry staff members will be actively involved with their Home Fellowship Group (small groups that meet every other week for fellowship, sermon application discussion, and prayer).
• Regular attendance at one or more of our Sunday Morning Worship Services.
• Regular attendance in Adult Sunday School when not teaching or observing a class.