HOURS: 40 per week
Vision for Position: To lead and develop Next Gen in their faith making lifelong disciples for Jesus by teaching, equipping, and leading students (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach).
The Primary Tasks:
To set a vision for the Next Gen (6 -12th Grade) in all ministry areas of the local church. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of the Next Gen
- Meet and Love youth where they are
- Get Engaged in the life of your students
- Encourage youth in developing their own relationship with God
- Give students opportunities to lead
- Challenge students to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities
- Mentor and train youth in future leaders
- Lead a team of volunteers
DETAILED LIST OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the student ministry for middle and high school students and for student’s 6th grade- High School
- Over see the next gen Staff member birth-5th grade
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive Gen Ministry including Sunday or Weekly programs, Bible studies/Life Groups, activities, camps, trips, etc.
- Provide oversight and direction for all ministry for students from birth – 12th
- Recruit, train, develop, and support volunteers for all regular and Next Gen ministry meetings and events.
- Recruit, train, and develop small group leaders and foster a healthy small group community within student ministry.
- Foster discipleship with volunteers.
- Choose, evaluate, and implement any curriculum.
- Engage and involve parents in the spiritual development of their children.
- Design opportunities for parents to stay connected with the ministry and with the discipleship of their children.
- Provide resources to help parents disciple their student.
- Influence, recruit, and train students to participate in consistent ministry opportunities.
- Oversee the Next Gen ministry budget.
- Recruit volunteers to make sure each ministry area is filled each Sunday.
- Be present at both at Sunday services, and be ready to help when needed
- Be part of the teaching team
- Provide support in any other day to day needs as detailed by the lead minister
Will be part of Sunday morning teaching team
Skill and Passion:
- Giftedness in evangelism and teaching
- Love for students and families
- Good communication skills
- Understanding and proficiency with Social Media
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to work without close supervision
- Be teachable
- Good leader, motivator, encourager and equipper
- Must be called by God.
- Must have his/her own personal faith.
- Must understand Scripture and be able to apply it to students
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry.
- Must be a driven self-starter and hard worker.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment.
- Should possess a passion for the Word of God.
- Should possess a heart for students and their spiritual development.
- Aligns with the doctrinal beliefs of Revolution
- Aligns with the mission of Revolution
- Pursues and maintains a healthy home life seeking to be above reproach in all arenas.
- Is passionate about community and the development of community within the Next Gen
*Understands that there will be duties out side of said role as the next Gen ministry is developing and growing.
Nathan Pelehowski, Phone: (812) 577-7368