Student Ministry Mission
The student ministry will develop and deploy middle and high school students into fully devoted followers of Christ who will in turn disciple their families, communities, and world.
• Ministry driven.
• High level of activity and people facilitation.
• Executes and facilitates with the student ministry team programming, activities, processes, projects, and events.
Purpose of Job
As a student ministry coordinator, help to execute and facilitate a comprehensive discipleship program for middle school and high school students. Special emphasis will be given to the discipleship of the male students within the program. These roles and responsibilities are done in conjunction with the student
Roles of the Position
1. Middle school and high school coordinator
2. Curriculum implementation
3. Activities and events coordination
4. Parental communication and Involvement
5. Volunteer recruitment and training
Responsibilities of the Position
1. Share the gospel of grace with students to the end that they are becoming mature and equipped disciples of Christ.
2. Research, review, and critique new and existing curriculum to provide resources that are covenantal and redemptive.
3. Develop a teaching plan that will consistently deliver the truth of the scriptures with relevant application in a way that merges with the discipleship plan of Family Ministries.
4. Recruit and equip sufficient volunteers to staff the various programs and activities of the ministry.
5. Seek opportunities to integrate the students into the community of the church and to increase their visibility to the congregation.
6. Plan and participate in activities, conferences, retreats, and mission trips that will build community among the students and their families as well as encourage intergenerational relationships within the church.
1. Reports to the Family Ministries Director
2. Collaborates with other Student Ministry Coordinators
2. Integrates well with church staff, attending staff meetings and other staff functions
1. College Bachelor’s Degree
2. Some demonstrated experience in student ministry and ability to connect to students in a meaningful way
3. Have a passion to work with Middle and High School students
4. Eager to work effectively as a team player to accomplish Covenant’s mission
5. Willing and able to embrace the culture of Covenant Church and Naples, Florida