This position reports to the Senior Pastor and is the primary Worship Leader for Sunday services at Anchor Church Palos. They are responsible for recruiting, training, leading, and scheduling volunteers for main services, adult ministries, and special events.
- Lead Worship Services.
- Strengthen the culture of worship at Anchor Church that gives glory and praise to Jesus as our Lord and Savior.
- Coordinate and oversee creative planning for all worship services and special events with the Senior Pastor.
- Coordinate music for special productions and services as needed (Good Friday, Easter, Christmas Eve, All Church Events, etc.).
- Lead worship rehearsals, ensuring that by the end of rehearsal there is clarity on each part of the service, and that technical excellence has been achieved.
- Lead the Sunday morning run through from start to finish, ensuring that all parts of the worship service can be executed with excellence, and that all volunteers and staff understand their roles.
- Provide for music arrangements as needed, including vocal charts (involves various preludes, offertories, congregational songs, and special presentations that take place on a weekly basis). Develop Worship Leaders, Vocalists, Musicians, and Tech Team Members
- Coordinate a system that provides for the recruitment, auditioning and development of all volunteers on the Worship and Tech teams.
- Identify key strengths to develop in each volunteer, and address them systematically and consistently.
- Create a system and structure where vocalists and band participants are encouraged to develop their gifts and use them in various places throughout the ministry.
- Encourage and Coach creativity and artistic Christ-centered expression in the development of artists, vocalists and musicians.
- Shepherd the team spiritually by working to help everyone grow in their walk with Christ. Assist with Administrative and Shepherding Duties in the Church.
- Some routine administrative responsibilities as delegated.
- Some shepherding responsibilities as delegated.
- The Worship Leader must meet the spiritual qualifications for pastors/elders/overseers and deacons found in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1 & 2. His leadership must grow out of his spiritual fellowship and integrity before Christ.
- A spiritually and emotionally mature person prepared to provide leadership with integrity through their example of ongoing spiritual growth and devotion to Jesus Christ and his church.
- A teachable spirit, a servant mindset, and a willingness to work as part of a collaborative creative team led by the Senior Pastor.
- Strong leader, capable of casting vision and recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Alignment with church doctrine and philosophy of ministry.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA in related field (e.g. instrumental music, music education, etc.) or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in leading worship teams.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Vocally proficient.
- Acoustic Guitar or Keyboard proficient.
- Proficient in playing lead electric guitar preferred.
- A friendly, energetic personality.
- Proficient in software such as Ableton for worship experiences, as well as presentation.
- software such as ProPresenter.
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems quickly.
- General understanding of lighting, live video systems, and Front of House audio systems.