Classification: Part-Time (20 hours a week)
We are currently accepting applications for a new Vineyard Kids Pastor. This person is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Kid’s Ministry at Vineyard Community Church. Specifically, the Kid’s Pastor is responsible for Kid’s Church (Babies – 5 grade).
VCC’s staff and volunteers value equipping our children and their families to become disciples of Jesus by:
● teaching them who they are in Christ,
● encouraging them to engage in heartfelt worship,
● and developing in them a heart for building the Kingdom of God.
● Professing follower of Jesus and pursuer of the Holy Spirit
● Desire to not only teach children about Jesus but to also equip them to be authentic followers
● Commitment to Vineyard USA and Vineyard Community Church North Texas values
● Strong Biblical knowledge/background in teaching the Bible
● Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working with children (preferably in a church setting)
● Experience in the management/coordination/training of volunteers/team building
● Able to learn new technology such as PCO or other church organization software
● Must submit to a background check
● Organization of all Kids church activities on Sunday mornings from Nursery through Elementary (5th grade). (We do have a Nursery/Toddler Leader in place.)
o Actively plans/selects appropriate curriculum for each classroom
o Research and purchases all required materials to implement the curriculum
o Coordinates with volunteers to create all required decorations/props
o Oversees the check-in procedures and implementation for Sunday mornings
o Create all schedules for Kids’ church volunteers
● Plan and Implement summer programming which could include some variation of a Vacation Bible School event
● Recruitment and training of Kids’ church volunteers and team leaders (adults and teens)
o Recruitment must include background checks for all volunteers
● Coordinates the setup and tear down for all children’s classes on Sunday Mornings (7:30 am to 12:30 pm)
● Organizes, sets-up and stocks class areas with necessary supplies.
● Communicates with parents about upcoming events, updates to check in/out or classroom procedures, etc.
● Must work alongside the staff for special events (Christmas, Outreach, etc.)
● Must regularly attend weekly staff meetings
● Must plan/oversee periodic children’s activities in addition to Sunday mornings (Periodic mid-week Life group, back to school events, etc.)
● Must attend periodic conferences/training events for further development
● This is a part-time position. While some weeks with special events could be more demanding, the average week would demand approximately 15-20 hours
* The compensation package for this part-time position (15-20 hours per week) is competitive and negotiable based on qualifications, experience, and an agreed upon scope of roles and responsibilities.
Please submit your resume to our Lead Pastor, Dale McMillian by email.