The primary responsibility of the Student Director is to recruit, develop, and maintain a committed group of adults to love and shepherd students in grades 5-12. With the ultimate mission of helping students abide as life long followers of Jesus. The Director is committed to doing intentional authentic ministry with Small Group Leaders, always rooted in Biblical teaching with a heart to connect God’s Word to students’ lives. This person is directly accountable to the Lead Pastor and will work closely with other staff. The candidate must possess an adaptable skill set and strong student and self leadership capabilities.
1. Maintain a close personal relationship with Jesus Christ; ministering out of a heart a rest in the person and work of Jesus. Not out of your own relationship and not in your own strength.
2. Recruit, lead, develop, train, and care for Small Group Leaders who will lead small groups of students, so they can…
– connect with students relationally
– encourage students spiritually
– engage parents intentionally
3. Work alongside church leadership to develop age-appropriate lessons for large group gatherings and small group gatherings.
4. Work with Children ministry staff to develop family discipleship intensive throughout the year.
5. Plan and execute weekly gatherings that are biblically accurate, and applicable for High School students.
6. Schedule events throughout the year; working with the Small Group Leaders and families to ensure events are relevant and effective
7. Create and maintain a Student ministry calendar that drives the activities and teachings of the ministry.
8. Provide or connect with outreach opportunities so youth can connect with the community
9. Provide pastoral support for students and their families as needed
10. Create environments that foster healthy leader to student relationships, as well as peer to peer relationships
11. Communicate clearly and regularly with parents, students. Communication should come in multiple forms so all parents have access: emails, newsletters, texting software, flyers, graphics, reminders, Facebook, Instagram, etc. There should be dedication to discovering best ways to communicate, as this can change as new technology is released.
12. Provide general administration for communication, expense management, attendance, feedback processes, child-protection policies, and special events.
13. Create and maintain a yearly budget
14. Work with all of Life Community Church staff to coordinate events in concert with other ministries; consideration of the overall church calendar and the public school calendar
15. Participate in the broader Life Community Church staff by participating in church-wide events as needed.
16. Identify and train student leaders; establish mentoring relationships with students via self or team members
17. Maintain a welcoming and inviting environment through the upkeep of student ministry facilities.
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF form. Include 3 references and links to any social media platforms to which you post, blog, or post photos.
Send your resume by email with the subject line “Attention Student Ministry Director Search Committee”.