Georgetown CRC (Hudsonville, MI) is seeking a part-time Interim Youth Director for the 2022-23 school year to coordinate ministry programs.
This is an interim position, 15 hours per week with potential to transition to a full time. You will provide leadership for our youth ministries for all ages with emphasis is on Middle School and High School. Program leaders are currently in place. You will be
required to be present for Sunday Morning and Wednesday Night Ministries. Nursery, Sunshine Worship and Kingdom Kids should run without much or any intervention. You’ll nurture an environment for spiritual formation and leader/peer fellowship.
I. SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
A. A growing relationship with God and a mature, Christian lifestyle.
B. An understanding of the tenets of the Reformed Christian faith.
C. Committed to continued spiritual growth.
II. YOUTH MINISTRIES
1. The Leader of Nursery is in place and is handling the recruitment and scheduling for two non-family nursery volunteers during the Sunday Service.
B. Sonshine Worship (3-5 years old, during church)
1. The Point Person for Sunshine Worship is in place, programming materials are ready, and scheduling has been completed for weekly volunteers.
C. Kingdom Kids Sunday School (K-5)
1. Leaders and materials are in place.
D. Middle School Ministry (MSM)
1. Turning Point – Wednesday Nights. Leader in place. The Youth Director may help leader if needed.
2. Cross Training – Sunday Morning. Discipleship/catechism. Leaders in place. The Youth Director may help leader if needed.
3. Plan and implement Special Event(s) for MSM – (e.g.: 3 Mile Project, Skating)
4. Plan and implement a MSM Mission Project (e.g.: Lake City, CA trip in Summe 2023)
E. High School Ministry (HSM)
1. Youth Group Meetings – Sunday Nights. Leaders are in place. Youth Director should be present for engagement and to make sure church protocols are being observed.
2. Cross Training – Discipleship/catechism teachings Sunday morning. Leaders are in place. Youth Director should be present for engagement and to make sure church protocols are being observed.
III. Administrative and Other
A. Provide admin support and open communication for Youth Ministries Staff, including Volunteers and Parents.
B. Evaluate curriculum if there is a need or interest but this is not an emphasis. Any changes/recommendations needs curriculum team approval.
C. Recruitment of volunteer leaders/teachers/mentors if needed.
D. Safety Implementation and Training of Volunteers For All Student Ministries
1. Be present during student ministry timeframes overseeing safety protocols are followed by both children and leaders.
2. Ensure annual background check prior to any interaction with children.
E. Update church contact management system, BREEZE continuously.
F. Coordination of Profession of Faith program, usually in Spring.
G. Reporting day to day to the office manager. Overall performance review by elders/council.
H. Youth Director participates in regular meeting with staff for planning, prayer, and support.