Spring Valley Church of Allendale, Michigan, is looking for a Worship Leader & Director. Overall responsibilities include coordination of worship services and music ministry. This position leads and directs all aspects of worship services and music (with the exception of the pastor’s message). Contemporary music.
Worship Director responsibilities include (75%):
- Conduct regularly scheduled rehearsals and performances of the Worship Team.
- Assist Teaching Pastor in worship planning (design weekly worship and special service).
- Serve as worship leader and train others to do so as well.
- Provide direction in the development of other art forms. E.g. dance, worship visuals, video
- Oversee presentation software productions (currently Pro-Presenter and Planning Center).
- Oversee sound production team and maintain schedule of sound operators.
- Connect with staff and Lead Pastor by maintaining regular office hours and participation in staff meetings and retreats.
- Work with other staff, volunteers & departments on music & worship needs for ministry.
- Grow the music programs by recruiting new members of any age.
Adult Discipleship responsibilities include (25%):
- Develop and oversee a “small group” ministry.
- Investigate new ways of connecting people through social groups, Bible studies, etc.
- Monitor groups throughout the year and fill needs as arise.
Resumes should be sent by email.