First Baptist Grand Prairie is looking for a fun, energetic, self-motivated person that has a heart and passion for Children’s Ministry. This person will support the churches vision of partnering with families to build a gospel centered foundation in order to Share Jesus and Love People. This role will provide assistance to children’s ministries for both regular programming and special events. This position will require completion of tasks as directed by the children’s minister to provide innovative ideas to assist in meeting ministry goals.
Weekly Commitment: Part time, Non-Exempt
- Send Preschool family names and email addresses to volunteer coordinator to send welcome messages.
- Prepare birthday and We Miss You cards to preschool, children and leaders.
- Format preschool Sunday and Wednesday curriculum: select activities, send supplies to the volunteer resource staff for tray prep, make copies of printouts needed for preschool activities and purchase curriculum supplies.
- Places supply orders for children’s ministry.
- Attend weekly staff prayer meeting and other meetings as needed.
- Assist with maintaining an organized work space.
- Manage VIC and On Call volunteer schedules and communication.
- Coordinates with appropriate church staff for the purpose of organizing ministry events
- Under the direction of the Minister, may compose and create informational letters, brochures, social media posts, promotional items etc. for distribution for Children’s Ministry
- Assists with enlisting volunteers for special assignments and needs in the Children’s Ministry
- Make first contact with prospective volunteers.
- Ensures volunteer screening processes are followed
- Maintains volunteer background lists and requests updates as required.
- Coordinate and train volunteers on check-in process for Sunday mornings, and Wednesday nights.
- Leads the coordination of the New Christians classes and family baptism scheduling
- Assists with preparation and execution of Special Events conducted by the Children’s Ministry to include, but not limited to Kids Camp, VBS, and Trunk or Treat
- Maintenance of files and databases
- Other duties as assigned
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus and eager to share the gospel. Agree in entirety with the FBCGP statement of faith.
- Have a joyful passion for Children’s Ministry
- Relational skills include the ability to communicate effectively with children and parents with a positive, patient, and professional attitude and demeanor.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Team player
- Must pass background check
- Writing skills: Ability to write reports, prepare emails to parents and leaders with the proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
- Technical Skills: Work requires the use of standard technical skills appropriate to the work environment at FBCGP. Computer skills commensurate with position. Beneficial to have, but not required, knowledge of Microsoft Teams, Excel, Word, Outlook, and other programs that directly affect the Children’s Ministry.