The Student Pastor’s role exists as part of our staff team to develop, coordinate, and strategize an effective and expanding ministry to students and their families, mobilizing people for changing the world. The initial focus of this position will be in the middle/high school area.
– 15 hours per week minimum
– implement vision for the church’s youth group that fits within the vision of the church.
– teach, oversee, grow, coordinate, and lead the church regular youth programming (Sunday morning and Wednesday night).
– oversee curriculum (scope and sequence) for all programs, events, and classes.
– develop (recruit and equip) youth leaders and schedule regular youth leader meetings as appropriate.
– develop and execute a plan to interact with school systems in community.
– meet with students outside of student group (emphasis on relational, incarnational ministry).
– develop and implement plans for keeping parents updated and included.
– displaying a Christ-like approach and lifestyle, and praying regularly for young people in the church and community.
– incorporating students into various church ministries as appropriate.
– student pastor should expect to help serve the church in fulfilling its vision by attending, promoting, and supporting member meetings, staff meetings, church-wide events, and other important church functions and responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
– Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
– Passion and ability to share the gospel
– Clear call to ministry
– Heart for young people