Position Title: Assistant Pastor for Youth (Ordained) or Director of Youth Ministry (Non-Ordained)
Purpose: To direct our Youth Ministries from middle school through high school. Lead and shepherd students that they might grow up to be committed to Christ and His Word. A small amount of position involves continued ministry to college-age students.
Educational Requirements: College Bachelor’s degree required. M.Div. or intent to pursue M.Div. is preferred.
Experience Requirement: Demonstrated Youth Ministry Experience
Personal Requirements: Deep experiential relationship with Jesus, evident love for MS & HS youth, biblically reformed world and life view subscribing to Westminster Standards, humble energy, teachable, wise, church-minded team player, takes ownership, discipler, solid communicator, responsible, called to lifetime of ministry.
Leadership Requirements: This ministry involves leading and intentionally discipling a team including year-round youth staff, college-age summer interns, volunteers and parents.
Ministry Overview: The Youth Pastor/ Director will, along with year-round staff:
• Lead our Middle School & High School Youth Ministries
• Collaborate with parents of youth & volunteers to shepherd students in their spiritual journey
• Minister to college-age student members with support of Lead Pastor.
• Minister to HS and MS youth’s parents in support of the Youth Ministry.
• Devote a majority of time to the ministry of our HS, MS, with lessor time with College Age. Of this time, around 45% should be devoted to HS, 45% devoted to MS, and 10% devoted to College. Percentages may flex seasonally.
• Steward a fresh vision and strategy of youth ministry in collaboration with the Lead Pastor.
• Prayer and Ministry of the Word
• Develop 1 on 1 discipleship & accountability relationships with students.
• Maintain ministry contact with students outside church activities and programmed events, including attending students’ home and school activities.
• Implement a structured plan for leading, mentoring, and training assistants and summer interns.
• Build and maintain a fellowship where every student can belong, including those with special needs, different ethnic backgrounds, and different educational environments.
• Recruit and train volunteers
• Create and implement curriculum, ministry activities and events
• Lead a robust teaching ministry, including Sunday School and large group meetings.
• Bible study and discipleship groups, 1 on 1 intentional discipleship, book reading groups, retreats, and other community building opportunities.
• Lead annual summer mission trips and other local service initiatives.
• Include 3-4 nights of activities in an average week.
• Oversee regular communication to parents and volunteers.
• Collaborate with Lead Pastor in counseling families with youth.
• Lead youth by example to engage with the whole Church, including but not limited to
• Assisting in Sunday morning worship.
• Participating in church life beyond the youth group, modeling love for the church to our youth.
• Develop servant attitudes in students to participate in missions, care teams, and service events.
• Called by the Session and day-to-day reporting to Lead Pastor.
• Work collaboratively with the Lead Pastor and Session striving together for unity toward the vision of the church.
• Assist Lead Pastor directly as appropriately needed.
• Assist Lead Pastor in leading weekly worship and presiding duties. Preach as needed (4-6 times/ year) in support of Lead Pastor’s preaching calendar.
• Lead and develop youth staff.
• Attend session meetings and prepare monthly session reports.
• Collaborate with other ministry directors.
• Integrate well with church staff, attend staff meetings and other staff functions.
• Regular visible participation in broad congregational life.
1. Provide a cover letter introducing yourself, a resume, and parts I, III, & IV of the PCA Ministerial Data Form. Although this isn’t an ordination-required position, we believe the MDF will be a helpful tool in this process. If not ordained, where the MDF asks for pastoral strengths and weaknesses please substitute ministerial strengths and weaknesses, etc.
2. Email all as a single pdf file.