Do you have a heart for leading middle and high school students? If so, we may have a position for you at our Loogootee Campus.
Redemption Christian Church is an independent, non-denominational Christian Church (part of the Restoration Movement of churches) dedicated to loving God, loving people, and changing the world. Redemption — now at approximately 2,000-plus people attending worship services each week at campuses in Jasper, Loogootee, and Tell City, Indiana — is committed to making and growing disciples of Jesus Christ through our core values of worship, discipleship, and outreach. Redemption continues to “do church” in a way that will effectively reach the unchurched of the southern Indiana region.
The Student Minister is responsible for overseeing and implementing these goals on a campus level as well as a part of the overall Redemption team.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit, equip, and train volunteers for the works of service to serve the church. Developing and mentoring youth leaders/coaches is extremely essential to this role. Recruitment is key to a successful ministry. Youth coaches are a vital part of student ministry success and these volunteers must be trained, organized, and led well. This position is about leading volunteers who lead the students as much as it is about leading students.
- Develop long- and short-term strategic plans for Redemption youth ministry. This will include needing to plan, organize, and see through processes days, weeks, and months in advance. Additionally, long-term vision for ministry to students is required across all campuses and execution of this vision is responsible at the Jasper campus. Having a long-term plan for large groups, small groups, volunteers, and parents is essential.
- Student ministers must mentor and teach junior high and high school students in their walk with Christ. Seeing students progress in their discipleship is key in this role.
- Being a part of Family Ministries at Redemption Christian Church. Student ministers must work well as part of an overall family ministries team, coordinating with other staff members to ensure smooth transitions from life stage to life stage.
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS/BA or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Please email cover letter, resume, and at least three references.
1 Loogootee Plz
Loogootee, Indiana 47553