American Reformed Church has begun a search for a Pastor to set the spiritual tone of the congregation, provide leadership for the ministry of the congregation, equip the saints for the work of ministry inside and outside the church body, and to make disciples through the preaching of God’s Word.
Personal Qualifications—The Pastor will:
- Be able to give testimony to his/her love for the Lord and call to pastoral ministry.
- Have a deep passion to understand and teach the truths of God’s Word.
- Love people and be able to create and sustain positive relationships with them.
- Be an emotionally healthy person characterized by a dynamic spiritual life.
Professional Competencies: The Pastor will be:
- A gifted communicator, able to craft and deliver biblical and relevant sermons that effectively speak to both new and maturing Christians.
- A gifted administrator able to effectively manage his/her many responsibilities.
- A gifted liturgist who enjoys planning and participating in corporate worship services.
- A gifted pastor whose care for the spiritual well-being of the congregation is characterized by love and humility while being strengthened by discernment and prayer.
- Preaching/Teaching—the Pastor is responsible for the bulk of the preaching and will do so in a manner that is both biblical and relevant. He/she will also have opportunities to teach.
- Leadership/Management: the Pastor will serve as the spiritual and organizational leader of the congregation partnering with the Consistory towards a unified vision for the future of the church.
- Corporate Worship—the Pastor is responsible for the planning and delivery of engaging, life-transforming worship services along with the support of able and willing volunteers.
- Pastoral Care—the Pastor will provide timely spiritual direction and pastoral care for those seeking baptism, profession of faith, church membership, marriage, healing, and encouragement, as well as for those suffering the loss of love.
- Public Presence—the Pastor has the privilege of representing ARC in the broader community.
Expectations – The Pastor will:
- Affirm a Reformed interpretation of Scripture as described in the historic confessions of the Reformed faith.
- Hold a Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary.
- Participate in the hub and network of the Alliance of Reformed Churches and fulfill whatever duties that implies.
- Find ways to care for his/her physical, emotional and spiritual well-being, and that of his/her family members.
- The Pastor may serve as President of the Consistory and will be accountable to the Executive Committee and through them to the Consistory.
- The Pastor will supervise the members of the staff.