The primary focus of this position is to support the functions of the Faith Formation Team in the organization and implementation of faith development activities for all ages, with a focus on children, Birth-5th grade. The person in this staff position will work directly with other church staff and congregation members to fulfill the faith formation needs of the church. This staff person will be accountable to the Session through the Senior Pastor, the Faith Formation Team, and the Personnel/Administration Team. This is a full-time position, salaried position with benefits. Within a range, salary and benefits are negotiable.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
● Recruitment, vetting, training, and scheduling of volunteers for children’s, youth, and adult programming and care.
● Working with the Faith Formation Team to plan, implement, and oversee faith formation programming including, but not limited to:
o Advice/support for curriculum selection for Sunday School and other programs
o Occasional teaching, perhaps on a substitute and/or rotating basis
o Sunday Morning Nursery
o Sunday School
o Wee Kirk
o Fabulous Friday
o F3 for 4th & 5th graders
o Summer Camp promotion, registration, etc.
o Vacation Bible School
o Weekly youth activities
o Youth retreats
o Youth Mission trips
● Support the church nurseries
● Attend regular staff meetings and meetings of the Faith Formation Team and pertinent subcommittees.
● Assist long term planning for special services, programs, and seasons.
● Support children and youth in worship with worship education and participation of youth and children in worship activities
● Work, under the direction of the Faith Formation Team, to create and maintain a budget for faith formation ministry programming.
● Work with the Associate Pastor to plan and implement youth programming.
● Supervise nursery workers and faith formation interns
This staff person should have a strong commitment to the Christian faith, familiarity with PC(USA) or other mainline denominations, and a desire to support the mission of the church.
They should also have an interest in working with people of all ages. Education and/or experience in working with children and organizational tasks is necessary for this position. Childhood development knowledge as well as experience with faith formation curriculum and programming is preferred, but not required.
An excellent demonstration of skills in the areas of communication, working well with others in a collaborative work environment, technology and organization are key to this position. S/he will often represent the church to children, youth, parents, and other members of the congregation and must be able to do so in a professional and friendly manner. A high degree of confidentiality must be able to be maintained by this person.
Contact and/or submit resume/cover letter by email.