Summary Description of Position: A management-level position responsible for overseeing the development of Children’s Ministry.
● Ability to nurture relationships and provide support and encouragement.
● Demonstrate the ability to work well with people, both internally and with external contacts.
● Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Google, and the internet.
● Ability to prioritize, follow-up, and manage multiple projects at one time.
● Good written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to make quick, accurate, and appropriate decisions.
● Preaching & teaching.
● Provide Pastoral guidance and direction.
● Participate in weddings and funerals as needed.
● Participate in hospital visitation.
● Weekly prayer and follow-up.
● Model a Godly life.
Specific Job Description Duties and Responsibilities:
● Lead children to follow Jesus.
● Recruit, train, and empower new volunteers to provide leadership within the Children’s Ministry.
● Provide ongoing, regular mentoring, training, and nurturing for existing volunteer leaders, delegating responsibilities when appropriate and necessary.
● Maintain a monthly volunteer schedule that is sent to volunteers at least three weeks in advance.
● Communicate weekly and meet monthly with Children’s Ministry leaders to build ownership and equip individuals to lead other volunteers.
● Follow up with people that are interested in volunteering with the Children’s Ministry, following the established volunteer process.
● Create systems and events, and follow existing policies and procedures, to thank and show appreciation to Children’s Ministry volunteers.
● Oversee communication between the church, children, and their families.
● Provide resources for parents and families as needed for spiritual growth.
● Create and foster relationships with other vibrant Children’s Ministries within the Vineyard Church movement and around the country.
● Identify, adapt, and prepare curriculum for Nursery through 5th grade.
● Oversee the setup and operation of all related Children’s Ministry environments on Sunday morning, including check-in, individual children’s environments, check-out, setup, and teardown.
● Provide opportunities for children to participate in ministry.
● Provide quarterly Children’s Ministry events.
● Provide at least 1 large training event and 1 large social event for the Children’s Ministry team per year.
● Provide camp and other activity opportunities during the summer months.
● Communicate Children’s Ministry security needs and issues with a staff member who has security oversight, and with the security team as needed on Sunday mornings.
● Oversee the Children’s Ministry budget.
● Participate in all staff meetings and other meetings as scheduled.
Requirements, Abilities, and Qualifications:
In this position:
● Ability to lead, guide, and direct staff.
● Ability to motivate staff and volunteers, coordinate their efforts and integrate activities.
● Ability to research, collect and analyze data.
● Strong interpersonal skills (be a good team member).
● As a leader, the ability to rally the troops and bring clarity to the vision of the church. Stay current on ministry trends and innovations.
● Stay informed about church structure, function, procedures, regulations & policies.
● Complete miscellaneous special projects as assigned.
All employees of the church must be able to:
● Demonstrate the core values of the Downtown Vineyard Church.
● Treat members, visitors, and colleagues with dignity and respect.
● Be an attentive listener fully listening to all questions and concerns posed by members and colleagues.
● Adhere to church-wide and department-specific policies, procedures, and group norms.
● Apply common sense when it should prevail.
● Participate in weekly Management Team and Pastor’s meetings as they are scheduled.
● Be on time and courteous.
● Complete work in a timely fashion.