PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION:
As a part of this role, the lead pastor will teach, mentor, and encourage those within the Kingdom to find ways to have a greater connection with God, as well as with one another both inside the church and out in the community in accordance with the church’s vision.
The lead pastor is responsible for leading through and communicating the vision, values, and direction of the church, in addition to preaching and teaching the Word of God and guiding the staff daily.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBLITIES:
Leadership of the Congregation
- Lead through the process of creating, casting, and clearly communicating church vision, purpose, and direction with church leadership to unify and inspire the congregation.
- Lead, teach, mentor, and/or provide direction to church leaders, including Elders, Deacons, and ministry volunteers in accordance with church vision on a consistent basis.
- Lead and provide direction to those responsible for church-wide communications, includes, but not limited to, church website, social media, online communications, and ministry communiques.
Leadership of Staff
- Oversee and provide guidance to church staff regarding their duties, responsibilities, and yearly goal setting. All church Staff reports directly to the Lead Minister.
- Work closely with the Staff and Elders to identify needs of the church and develop new ideas, ministries, and programs through attainable and measurable goals.
- Responsible for the process of hiring and removing of Staff members.
- Develop Staff with a team mentality and encourage a positive working environment.
- Coordinate leadership efforts and communication between Staff, Elders, and Management Team.
- Work in coordination with the Worship Pastor to ensure all worship glorifies God.
- Work in coordination with the Worship Pastor to implement long range service planning, stage design, and on-line services.
- Work with Teaching Pastor on sermons series and scheduling.
- Emphasize Biblically centered teaching in all areas of the church.
- Preach and teach from the pulpit 20 – 25 times a year.
- Provide spiritual mentorship to staff on a consistent basis to aide in their own walk with God.
- Provide pastoral care and spiritual insight to church members on an as-needed basis.
- Willing to work and meet after hours to meet the needs of the church, including, but not limited to, hospital visits, weddings, pre-marital counseling, funerals, home visits, and church meetings.
- Faithful to the Word of God/love of the Lord and the Word.
- Unrelenting belief in the Bible – that it is the inspired Word of God.
- Commitment of the ideals of the Restoration Movement.
- Belief that the Holy Spirit is empowering the work of the body of Christ.
- Person of prayer.
- Heart for the Church, heart for the lost.
- Above reproach/of high character.
- Capable of proper stewardship in all aspects of their life.
- Work in partnership with/under authority of the Eldership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to mentor and administrate staff on day-to-day basis.
- Gifts of prophecy, leadership, & shepherding.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Theology, Ministry or Biblical studies, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience leading a congregation and staff.
Please send your resume and cover letter by email.