Responsible for discipling and serving the youth, children, and their families at Shady Grove Baptist Church.
• Create and maintain vision for youth and children’s ministry
• Supervise youth and children leadership teams and volunteers
• Implement ongoing Sunday morning and Wednesday night youth lessons and activities for youth
• Oversee children’s ministry volunteers, teachers, and activities
• Create and implement a budget for youth and children’s ministries
• Disciple and counsel youth, children, and their families
• Organize evangelistic activity surrounding the youth and children’s ministry including outreach events
• Provide avenues for theological as well as social development—(Weekly teaching on Wednesday nights, small groups, book studies, campouts, ice cream nights, game nights, etc).
• Coordinate youth camp and non-camp retreats and weekends.
• Assist the children’s committee with planning weekly services, children’s camps, and activities (i.e. Children’s church, Wednesday night activities, summer activities)
• Intermittent Sunday morning preaching opportunities and intermittent teaching opportunities (membership classes, new believers classes, etc.)
• Coordinate the participation of youth and children in the participation of Sunday morning worship services
• Represent the youth and children ministries in the planning and coordinating of church events
• Ability to cast a comprehensive vision for youth and children ministries
• Effective communicator
• Passion for studying and teaching Scripture
• Alignment with the theology, core values, and ministry objectives of the senior Pastor and Deacons
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Flexibility in job role
• Desire to grow through continued education, training, and conferences
• 2-3 years experience preferred
• Seminary degree preferred