The Worship Coordinator is a part-time hourly position that will work with the lead pastor, praise teams, and worship committee to support our church’s music ministry and help to plan worship services that invite participants into a deeper relationship with Christ.
The exact responsibilities and number of hours will depend on the skills, interests, and availability of our applicants. We anticipate a range of 10-20 hours a week, but, for a candidate who wants more hours, up to 30 hours a week is possible, if the worship job is combined with some other responsibilities.
This position offers very flexible hours, competitive compensation, professional development, paid vacation days, and there is office space available. We have already in place a supportive staff, a clear vision for worship at Park, and a congregation that loves to sing.
- With piano or guitar, lead the congregation in worship on at least two Sunday mornings per month. (Availability to play more plus some special holiday worship services, funerals or weddings would be great).
- Each week (or as many weeks as possible) lead a mid-week praise team rehearsal, including giving musical direction and coaching.
- Work with the Lead Pastor and worship committee to help plan our Sunday morning worship services. This includes choosing songs and other service elements.
- Assemble music books for praise team members in coordination with church administrative assistants.
- Use Planning Center software (or similar) to make schedules for Sunday morning praise teams, sound, and projection, including our occasional special services.
- Communicate well and in a timely fashion with church staff, praise teams and others involved in worship services.
- Work with church administrative assistants and tech team to make sure technology needs are met and that ProPresenter slides are correct for Sunday worship
- Attend worship committee meetings, approximately one evening every two months.
There is some flexibility built into the job description, and opportunities for more paid hours, depending on applicant’s availability, skill set, or interests. These are some examples of other optional duties.
- Direct our church choir when they meet September – December and for the Easter season in the spring. This includes weekly rehearsals for when the choir is in session.
- Oversee our worship technology and keep it up to date, including sound board, sanctuary computer, projector, and projection software.
- Prepare music and lead rehearsal for our brass band volunteers or string instrumentalists for special worship services.
- Help decorate the worship center for the church calendar year, and look for ways to inspire non-musical worship experiences for the church body (dramas, readings, etc).
- Oversee our instruments (piano, drums, keyboard, etc.) and make arrangements for maintenance and upkeep. This includes scheduling piano tunings.
The Park Worship Coordinator is primarily responsible to the lead pastor and/or the elder of worship, and works alongside the worship committee.
A qualified worship coordinator…
- Has an authentic, growing relationship with Jesus.
- Has an ability to function as part of a team, offering and accepting feedback and undergoing evaluations.
- Demonstrates skills as a vocalist and instrumentalist, with ability to lead worship from an instrument.
- Should be proficient in reading music.
- Is an effective communicator (written and verbal skills, scheduling, leading practice, conflict resolution).
- Has a working knowledge of Reformed worship and theology, or a willingness to learn.
- Has the ability to plan ahead and keep multiple services and schedules organized.
- Has the ability to work well with praise team members, encouraging, supporting and investing in them.
- Preferably has some formal training in music (and specifically church music).
Please send letter of inquiry and resume via email.