- Job Requirements:
The Pastor shall provide the primary leadership for Blue River Baptist Church. He will acknowledge that his work is enabled by the Holy Spirit, supported by prayer, guided by Scripture and carried out in the name of Jesus Christ for the glory of God the Father. As an overseer/shepherd, he shall provide Biblical direction and leadership so that members are built up in faith and maturity to become more like Christ.
The Pastor shall demonstrate an authentic, God-centered life; passionate for Jesus Christ and a heart committed to share Christ with others. He shall maintain a healthy relationship with God that exemplifies a disciplined plan of personal worship to include prayer, Bible study, and financial stewardship. He shall serve as a role model of one committed to conduct their private and public life with personal integrity, love, joy, humility and holiness. We want our pastor to model healthy family priorities – he will make his family a priority.
I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 shall serve as a guide to their personal behavior.
- Job Description:
– Is the primary preacher on Sunday Mornings. Will strive to engage the congregation in GOD’s word effectively.
– Officiate at weddings, funerals that take place and also administers baptisms as well as the dedication of children.
– Prepares agendas and leads/assists in leading the Deacon meetings/prayer time.
– Discerning and giving direction for the overall vision of Blue River in alignment with the Mission Statement and Core Values of the church.
– Takes primary responsibility in areas where problems, issues, conflicts cannot be resolved at lower levels.
– Represents the church in matters of business and community.
– Maintenance of the church membership roster (along with the Minister of Records), also responsible for education of those interested in church membership.
– Supervises all staff and monitors that they remain on task and accountable.
– Oversees the staff’s work schedules, goal-setting and personal development.
– Makes the development of leaders, paid staff and volunteers, a top priority.
– Hiring and dismissal of staff.
– Encourages, resources, and motivates congregation to share the Gospel.
– Be personally engaged in small group(s) for purpose of discipleship.
– Involvement in one on one discipleship.
– Involved in discipleship as it takes place in pre-marriage/marriage counseling sessions
– Available to regular church attendees for initial spiritual counsel. More in-depth counseling can be provided if determined appropriate.
– Equips the saints for the work of the ministry.
- Contact Person: Kasey Drury