Purpose: To instruct, shepherd, and inspire students to follow Jesus for a lifetime.
Overview: Through intentional shepherding and instruction in the scriptures, this position will also lead and inspire students to follow Jesus for a lifetime.
Classification: This is a FULL-TIME salaried position. 2 weeks paid vacation and 3 weeks paid vacation after 5 years. Yearly salary reviews.
1. A mature, baptized believer in Jesus Christ who exhibits Christ-like characteristics in everyday life.
2. Can, without hesitation, support the doctrines, values, and mission of First Christian Church.
3. leadership skills to lead a team of ministry volunteers.
4. A desire to lead students into an authentic relationship with Christ.
5. Adequate biblical knowledge to instruct those under your care.
Description of Duties: Students
· Incorporate youth meeting into the Wednesday night ministry of FCC
· Plan youth meetings for each Wednesday night – activities, and biblical teaching time – sound biblical teaching to our students is an absolute must.
· Monthly communication with parents of jr/sr. high students
· Oversee and manage budget for youth
· Organizational meeting with parents bi-annually. Keeping parents up to date about activities and what their students are being taught.
· Lead all other activities for youth; summer camp, regional youth meeting, mission trips.
· Participate is school activities when applicable – be known in our community and especially with our students.
· Updated Resume
· 3 references
· Personal Testimony of conversion to Christ
· Philosophies of student ministry
E-mail the above requirements.