Summary of Position
Oversee the ongoing gospel investment in students (grades 6-12) in harmony with the doctrine, purpose, and vision of the church. Administrate the discipleship systems to these students and their parents.
· Part-time position, 20-25 hours/wk, with occasional retreats and camps.
· Ministry expense account
· Conference/Continuing Education expense account
· SAM’S Club membership
· House provided to live in, plus utilities
· Salary $20,000/yr
· Praying regularly for students and families.
· Develop and sustain ministry for Middle School and High School that emphasizes the biblical priority of:
o Parents (Caregivers)
o Cross-generational evangelism/discipleship
o Building healthy peer relationships
· Consistent with Ephesians 4:11-16, enlist, equip, and train church members to serve in the Student Ministry. Invest and engage relationally with parents, students, and volunteers. Delegate and raise up leaders.
· Develop and implement plans for keeping parents updated and included.
· Build relationships with the students and parents through a variety of fun and engaging activities.
· Support students in their school setting by becoming involved to any degree the school permits. This would include attending sporting events or other extracurricular activities that your students are involved.
· Create and direct gatherings that are biblically faithful and engaging.
o Sunday & Wednesday night Bible studies
o Youth Connect Groups (in conjunction w/ Pastor of Ed & Admin)
· Oversee and administrate an annual calendar:
o Summer Student Camps
o Youth trips, outings, and outreach opportunities
o Help organize and implement Vacation Bible School
· Work alongside the pastoral team to implement the vision of the church and incorporate students into various church ministries as appropriate.
· Counsel students biblically.
Key Personal Qualities
· A clear call to student ministry; a heart for young people.
· Able to work independently with minimum supervision, yet, humble enough to seek and accept counsel and direction from the pastors.
o A strong desire to grow and develop as a leader.
o Motivated, energetic, and willing to learn, yet mature enough to lead.
· Giftedness in the following areas:
o teaching the Bible with accuracy, clarity, passion, and an engaging spirit.
o sharing and modeling the Gospel.
o relational and winsomeness towards all students and parents
o initiative to engage in conversation with students, parents, and youth leaders.
· An example of godliness, humility, and disciple-making. Committed to pursuing holiness – self-controlled, gentle, trustworthy, gracious, and a loving sensitivity towards the needs of others.
· Affirms the 2000 Baptist Faith & Message