The position of Pastor of Students and Community Ministries is responsible for providing leadership in planning, conducting, and evaluating a Christ-centered ministry by specifically developing disciples among middle & high school students and providing oversight to community engagement. This position will assist the Senior Pastor, Elders, staff and ministry leaders in fulfilling the mission of Capstone Church.
· Love the church, serve the community, make disciples.
· Identify, enlist, train and deploy volunteers and ministry leaders.
· Establish consistent communication.
· Develop strategies, events and projects that engage and grow disciple-makers.
· Manage administrative needs of Student, and Community Ministries
· Ensure safe, challenging and nurturing environments for students and families.
· Participates in other Pastoral duties as needed
· Work on other duties and special projects as it relates to the position.
· Lead the teaching ministry as an effective teacher of biblical truth within the Student Ministries community.
· Help develop/facilitate a cohesive ministry pipeline from youth to young adult.
· Develop and provide oversight to a strategy for identifying and meeting the specific needs of our community.
· Actively seek to be a bridge to the community for the church.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Follower of Jesus Christ. Demonstrated strong, dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ through regular prayer, Bible study, giving, disciple-making and worship attendance.
· Shares vision and mission of Capstone Church, including commitment to unity of the staff team and church.
· Previous experience in children’s, student or community church/ministry leadership (2-3 yrs).
· Commitment to ministry education/training (BS/BA, Masters preferred).
· Loves People. Desires to network and connect to reach people far from God and help them grow in their faith.
· Calling to pastor people, fulfill the character qualifications as taught in 1 Timothy 3:1-7. Ordained or be willing to be ordained as a Pastor.
· Servant’s heart for gospel-focused, family-based ministry with the goal of leading students, and parents toward spiritual maturity.
· Self-motivated, self-starter, decision maker, strategic thinker, strategic planner.
· History of developing volunteer leaders with the ability to manage, mobilize and motivate people.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to teach in a manner that is biblically sound and culturally relevant to small and large groups.
· Proven ability to organize, prioritize and manage.
· Ability to use email, social media and other technology to connect and promote ministry.
· Commitment to a healthy family life. If married, the spouse must be a believer and supportive of the ministry.