POSITION: Pastor of Youth and Children
CHURCH HISTORY: Founded in 1951, as Central Baptist Church under the Baptist Missionary Association. In 1957, the name was changed to Second Baptist Church and joined the Southern Baptist Convention and in 2008, the name was lastly changed to Madisonville Christian Fellowship (MCF). Madisonville Christian Fellowship is a multi-generational church of believers that is prayerfully seeking a Pastor of Youth and Children called by God to lead our youth and children ministries in a new season of growth.
JOB SUMMARY: The Pastor of Youth and children will have the responsibility for the spiritual and administrative leadership of all the youth of the church (aged birth through 18 years). While this role will require the Pastor of Youth and Children to be the primary youth/student leader, they will also be responsible for all aspects of the children’s ministry.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Pastor of Youth and Children is responsible for proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to conduct Biblical teaching, to engage in children pastoral care ministries, and to provide administrative leadership in all areas pertaining to the youth and children of the church. Coordinates and plans with the Senior Pastor and preaches in the Senior Pastor’s absence when asked. Provide oversight and direction to all children and youth ministries of the church. Attend weekly ministry staff meetings. Nurture, shepherd, and guide the children ministry staff and volunteers. Provide visionary pastoral leadership and set attainable short-term and long-term goals for youth and children ministries. Build momentum and growth for the church. Work closely with Senior Pastor on various pastoral tasks and pastoral care of the families of Madisonville Christian Fellowship. A real and identifiable presence in the lives of the students both in and outside of church activities (i.e.; in homes, at school, sports or other social functions). Consider the personal discipleship of children and youth to be a priority. Prepare studies focused on needs of youth that are biblically based and Christ centered. Other duties as assigned by Senior Pastor.
Children’s Ministry: Supervise, oversee and provide leadership to all aspects of the Children’s ministry and programs including but, not limited to: vacation bible school, children camps, and any/ all seasonal events (i.e.; Easter, Fall Festival, Sunday School Promotion, etc.). Will be responsible for the recruitment, training, and equipping of parents and volunteers for Children’s ministry. Will provide general oversight and leadership for Children’s ministry including but, not limited to: organizing curriculum, preparing class materials, and scheduling volunteers.
Youth Ministry: Lead the teaching and organization of worship for the Youth on Wednesday and Sunday. Plan, Organize, promote and attend camps, retreats, lock-ins, other outings, etc… for the spiritual development of the students.
EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Meets the spiritual, personal, and character qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9. o 1 Timothy 3:1-7 NIV 3 Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task.
2. Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,
3. Not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.
4. He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full[a] respect.
5. (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?)
6. He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap. o Titus 1:6-9 NIV 6 An elder must be blameless, faithful to his wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient.
7. Since an overseer manages God’s household, he must be blameless-not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain.
8. Rather, he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined.
9. He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it. Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ with a commitment to spiritual health and maturity. Has a passion for ministering to the children and youth of the church. Loves preaching and teaching the gospel to youth and children.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Some seminary training. Bachelor’s degree or major course work in Ministry, Divinity, Religious Studies, Behavioral Science, or a related field. Preferred three to five years of experience in a children/youth pastoral leadership role. Male, preferably married. Be willing to submit to a federal criminal background check; including being fingerprinted
REPORTING STRUCTURE: First and foremost, the Pastor of Youth and Children operates under the authority of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The Pastor of Youth and Children reports directly to the Senior Pastor. Curriculum and material must be approved by Senior Pastor. The Senior Pastor will grant the Pastor of Youth and Children the authority necessary to accomplish his duties and responsibilities.