Harlem Reformed Church (HRC) is seeking a pastor with a passion for preaching, shepherding and mentoring; encouraging our multigenerational congregation to grow in faith, but also in action. You can see from our recent congregational survey (attached elsewhere) what we feel is most important going forward and if you feel similarly called, we really want to hear from you!
– Lead and facilitate our Consistory, the primary authoritative body of HRC, which meets monthly and as needed..
– Oversee and lead the staff, Children’s Ministry Coordinator, and Youth Leaders.
– Provide Biblically sound, exegetical preaching and teaching.
– Provide pastoral/spiritual care for members of the congregation.
– Provide, along with the elders, communion for shut-ins, and hospital visits.
– Lead role in baptism, communion, and profession of faith. Lead in weddings and funerals as needed.
– Work with the worship team to develop the order and content of Sunday services.
– Provide premarital and other counseling as needed, or refer as appropriate.
– Understand and facilitate deacons’ financial and budget operations.
– Strong emphasis on exegetical preaching with humility, authenticity, passion, practical application, and challenge. Commitment to the authority and truth of scripture.
– Committed to personal prayer and spending quality time studying the Word of God..
– Values, maintains, and grows the deep sense of multigenerational community, authenticity, and closeness that our church currently enjoys.
– Has a passion for discipling us in our walk with God (growing in faith, knowledge, and action).
– Exhibits a thriving and growing relationship with Jesus Christ through prayer, reliance on the Word, and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.
– Exhibits a life of personal moral and financial integrity.
– Seminary graduate, with knowledge of Scripture being emphasized over denomination.
– Feels God’s calling in their life to be the lead pastor of HRC.
– Prefer ministry experience of over 5 years.
Harlem Reformed Church will provide compensation in the form of salary, health insurance, retirement contribution, parsonage with utilities, and job related expense reimbursement.