The purpose of Community Covenant Church is to cultivate a community that strives to love God, follow Jesus, and serve others.
The church is seeking a half-time pastor to help us better live out our purpose by giving leadership to the whole scope of Christian worship within our church family.
· Craft the Worship Experience: Through prayer, theological reflection, creativity, and staff consultation, work with the Lead Pastor to design Sunday worship
· Primary Worship Leader for Sundays & special services
· Provide Leadership and Oversight for Other Worship Arts: Encourage and provide vision for other artistic components of worship; coordinate musical worship-related needs with children’s and youth ministries
· Team Building: Ensure that volunteers are recruited for the worship team and for the tech team; and that they are mentored, deployed, communicated with, encouraged, and evaluated for effectiveness
· Team Partnership: Serve as a ministry partner with other staff, the Leadership Board, and volunteers
· General Administrative Duties attendant to worship such a scheduling; charting music; overseeing church musical equipment, instruments, and their maintenance; maintaining all music related licenses, fees, and memberships for the church
· Attend Weekly Meetings of staff and pastors
· Pastoral Fit: Spiritual maturity, theological insight, and a love for the local church; theological harmony and resonance with Community Covenant and our denomination, The Evangelical Covenant Church (ECC)
· Lover and Student of Worship: A passion for worship and leading people in it
· Pastor at Heart: A pastor’s heart for people and equipping the laity for ministry
· Team Player: Able to provide creative leadership for worship in collaboration with the pastoral team
· Team Builder: Able to lead weekly and ongoing worship practices, pastoral check-ins, and regular team retreats as fitting
· Good Communication Skills, both in interpersonal and small/large groups
· Good Administrative Skills in areas that are needed to be a successful leader
· Skilled Musician: Knowledgeable and skilled regarding music, musical language, and instruments, and able to communicate accordingly; ideally, adept both instrumentally and vocally to lead the whole team
· Preferred Experience leading in multi-generational contexts and in multi-cultural/ethnic contexts with strong cultural competence
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Seminary or advanced education preferred
· Demonstrated effectiveness in church or parachurch leadership is a must
· Strong musical skills and ability to confidently lead instrumentally and/or vocally
· Evidences a team-building capacity
· Expresses a theological understanding of the place of worship and community in the life of the congregation
The Pastor of Worship reports to, and ministers in collaboration with, Lead Pastor Eric Sorenson.
Housing on property possibly available for rent.
Those interested in applying are encouraged to send a letter of interest and a resume by email; nominations also are welcomed.