Overview: The senior or lead pastor is a crucial role in any church as the health of a church depends on the right person filling that position. The Lead Pastor is responsible for direct oversight of the various ministries of New Hope Church. This role requires energy and focus to lead the pastoral staff and congregation as a whole. Understanding that people possess different gifts and abilities, we are looking for a lead pastor who is aware of areas where they are strong as well as areas where they are not.
Qualities we are looking for.:
- A team player who can work with others and accept new ideas.
- A team builder who leads by equipping others.
- A servant and encourager
- Theological training (preferred)
- Prior experience as a pastor with at least six years in a pastoral role.
- Possess strong preaching/communication skills.
- Has a heart for evangelism and missions, both locally and globally.
- Able to develop mature believers (disciple) within the church.
- Has a strong personal walk and prayer life.
- Models’ faith and trust in God.
- Demonstrates Christ-like character.
- Hospitable, friendly, approachable, with a heart for people.
- Is both teachable and able to adapt when needed.
- A good listener.
- Able to balance grace and truth in a way that allows people room to grow.
- Committed to the authority of Scripture
Full-time pastoral staff are expected to work around 40 hours per week. At times during the year the hours may expand to get everything done. This must be balanced with appropriate time for family and life stewardship and for engagement with people in the community. A pattern of a weekly day off for rest and renewal will be worked out with the lead pastor and should be taken. The work schedule can be flexible as long as the needs of the church are met.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DESCRIPTION
1.The Primary Communicator and Shepherd. The Lead Pastor is the primary preacher of the church while also developing a regular team of local and occasional preachers. He must be an effective communicator, not only in conveying biblical content in a clear way, but also as he seeks to inspire people to apply what they learn in life-changing and world-impacting ways.
- Discipleship & Leadership Development. The Senior Pastor is responsible for discipleship and leadership development in the church. This will include some personal involvement in the discipleship of others as well as developing programs that will help people progress. The mission of New Hope is to bring hope to the lost and equip the saved for Jesus Christ.
- Pastoral Care. The Senior Pastor seeks to be a regular and compassionate presence in the lives of people. He is not expected to address every pastoral care need but ensures that others in the congregation will also be ready, equipped, and consistent in loving people well.
- Evangelism/Missions. The Senior Pastor cultivates a desire to see the mission of Jesus carried out, as well as coordinating opportunities for people to experience mission work first hand. This includes sending missionaries, encouraging teams who help include others on short term mission trips, and praying for the missionaries we support.
- Event Planning. The Senior Pastor leads the church staff in spearheading plans that help pull us together as a community while at the same time reaching out in love to those in our community.
The Senior Pastor is responsible to:
- Oversee all ministries of the church.
- Prepare and deliver a weekly message.
- Plan weekly services in coordination with the other staff.
- Lead the church staff.
- Identify annual ministry goals and establish a yearly budget with the elders input.
- Hold weekly meetings with staff.
- Work with the staff to host church-wide outreach events.
- Salary is competitive and is negotiable depending on years of experience.
- Vacation time off
- Budget for personal expenses of ministry including books and curriculum.
- $1,500 yearly Education and conferences allowance.
- Salary review (yearly)
You will be notified by email when your resume has been received. If selected, you will proceed with the application process which will include questions of your theological views, philosophy of ministry, practical convictions, and personal life. All candidates will be notified and kept informed of their progress.
Interested applicants, please send a cover letter and resume by email