Statement of Intent and Job Summary
This job description is a summary of the job duties and requirements that are essential to the job. It is not intended to be complete in details. These duties and requirements are typical of this job, but individuals on this job may be required to perform tasks not included in this job description.
The Youth & Missions Pastor is a full-time member of the church staff, responsible for the ministry of the youth and missions, and shall minister under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor.
Normal Requirements for the Job
1. He must be an active Christian, called by God for this type of work.
2. He must demonstrate a commitment and set an example of his ministry set forth by 1Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
3. He must have harmonious working relationships with the Pastors, Deacons, other church staff members, church teams, lay people, the church congregation and persons outside the church.
4. He must exercise Christian grace in personal contacts, deportment, and dress at all times.
5. He must be an example in commitment to all church programs, processes and procedures.
The following detailed duties and responsibilities are somewhat general as they relate to the work of the Youth & Missions Pastor; however, they provide a guide for the direction and development of the Youth & Missions Ministries in the church. As the needs of the church change and newer methods are found, and as duly elected Teams change, or their desires, goals, and objectives change, these responsibilities may be subject to change or modification.
Duties – Youth
1. Lead in planning, conducting and evaluating the Youth programs.
2. Plan, direct and supervise activities which relate to youth: teaching, fellowship, retreats, youth mission trips, Bible study and other programs.
3. Maintain goals, objectives, and measures to evaluate the effectiveness of the Youth program.
4. Recruit, train and supervise volunteers for all levels of the Youth ministry.
5. Incorporate Youth into various church ministries.
6. Coordinate a visitation outreach program to reach the active, inactive, un-enlisted and lost youth of the community.
7. Maintain an awareness of the current trends in youth work and evangelism by attending clinics and conferences, with approval from the Senior Pastor and as funds are available.
8. Prepare and manage the Youth program budget in cooperation with the Stewardship Team. Maintain and provide budget reports.
9. Attend staff meetings, team meetings related to the job descriptions, Sunday school, church training and other meetings as deemed necessary or appropriate.
10. Visit with the sick and counsel with participants in the youth programs and other persons as deemed appropriate or assigned by the Senior Pastor.
11. Ensure, to the extent possible, a safe and friendly environment for youth; physically, emotionally and spiritually.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor or Personnel Team.
Duties – Missions
1. Lead in planning, conducting and evaluating the church Missions programs.
2. Maintain goals, objectives, and measures to evaluate the effectiveness of the church Missions programs in cooperation with the Missions Team and Senior Pastor.
3. Incorporate Missions into various church ministries.
4. Maintain an awareness of the current trends in Mission work and evangelism by attending clinics and conferences, with approval from the Senior Pastor and as funds are available.
5. Plan, direct and supervise activities which relate to Missions: teaching, fellowship, mission trips, local and international mission opportunities, Bible study and other programs.
6. Council and mentor all mission trip leaders and teams to ensure they are being spiritually formed and developed before, during and after mission trips.
7. Prepare and manage the church Missions program budget in cooperation with the Stewardship Team. Maintain and provide budget reports.
8. Attend staff meetings, team meetings related to the job descriptions, Sunday school, church training and other meetings as deemed necessary or appropriate.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor or Personnel Team.
Normal office hours for this job are Monday – Thursday from 9:00am – 4:00pm.
Salary and benefits will be reviewed and set annually by the Personnel Team and Senior Pastor and approved by the Stewardship Team.
There will be a 180-day probationary period for new employees, upon which the Senior Pastor and the Personnel Team will evaluate the performance of their office and will then review their performance annually.
Other jobs you may like
Associate Pastor/ Youth Pastor
- Northland Community Church
- Closes: 31 Jul
Youth Pastor/ Director
- Maitland River Community Church
- Closes: 31 Jul
Director of Youth Ministries
- Maple Valley Church
- Maple Valley
- Closes: 31 Jul
Director of Children and Youth Ministries
- Union Presbyterian Church
- Los Altos
- Closes: 31 Jul
Assistant Pastor of Youth and Family Ministry
- Trinity Grace Church in Rogers
- Closes: 31 May