Our congregation is seeking a Pastor who:
● has beliefs rooted in Scripture and adheres to traditional teaching of the Bible
● exhibits a genuine love for the Lord
● is devoted to the service of Christ and the Church, feels truly called by God to Hopewell Presbyterian Church, and will faithfully give of self to the pastoral work
● preaches and teaches the Word of God and administers the sacraments regularly
● willingly visits and counsels members of the congregation
● strives to seek and communicate God’s vision for Hopewell Church to the congregation
● loves and practices making disciples
● participates in activities of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church and the Coastal Mid Atlantic Conference.
● Strong Biblical foundation; knows and shares Scripture through study and personal application of God’s Truth
● Prayerful and wise; submits to God’s wisdom and guidance
● Persuasive, approachable, and bold; easy to talk to; able to convince people from the pulpit and through personal interactions to be transparent followers of Jesus Christ
● Relational, outgoing, and joyful; exhibits trust and contentment in Jesus Christ regardless of circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18) Challenges
● Continue increasing our congregational number.
● Connecting with and bringing into active membership younger members and families with children
● Master of Divinity
● Commitment to Reformed Theology and a wholehearted embrace of EPC tenets and Confessional standards
● Currently employed leading a church
● Supports and adheres to a biblical view of marriage
Ordained in the EPC or is ordain-able in the EPC.
The primary responsibility of the pastor will be to Hopewell Church and the presbytery of EPC of which we are affiliated.
In the future, and as the requirements of the organization evolve, the responsibilities may be refined as needed. This will be by mutual consent of the session and the pastor, and always within the provisions of the EPC standards or the terms of the call.
All interested individuals should send their PIF to Mr. Matthew Lamb, PNC Chair by email.