Purpose of Position
The Director of Missions partners with Central’s e-Mission ministry team as well as lay volunteers of the Missions Ministry Center to inspire, equip and connect Central members and friends in the local and global missions of the church.
1. Inspire and mobilize the congregation to actively engage in sacrificial missions at Central with their time and talent.
2. Support Central’s Vision and Mission through integration of our core values (connect, grow, serve) across all facets of Missions Ministry and in alignment with the Annual Vision of Ministry.
3. Lead and serve the Missions ministry center members in the annual planning and facilitation f Central’s sacrificial missions ministry.
1. Through intentional engagement and networking across all demographics, connect Central members with the sacrificial missions of the church – locally and globally.
2. Create, maintain and improve systems and structures that enhance the ability of Central members to connect with the sacrificial missions of the church.
3. Through leadership and administration of our Missionary Adoption program, connect Central members with our local and global missionaries.
4. Regularly develop and oversee a strategic communication plan to inspire and inform the congregation about sacrificial missions: why they are important, how to connect, etc.
5. Collaborate with the i-Mission team to develop and implement strategies and tools for Central members to grow in their understanding of and love for God’s mission at Central.
6. Plan, facilitate and attend trips to our missionary partnerships in both local and global mission field.
7. In partnership with the members of the Missions ministry center, provide resources, encouragement and training to our missionaries so that they can grow in their ministry.
8. Collaborate with e-Missions team to provide training for Central members to discover their gifts and to learn how to serve by using their gifts through local and global missions.
9. Assist in planning regular opportunities for Central members to serve in word and deed on the local mission field through Central’s various local missions and outreach ministries.
10. Support the Pastor of Evangelism and Community to serve and manage the missions ministry center, including monthly meetings, budget planning, special funding considerations, and the Mayfield scholarship program.
Basic Job Requirements:
• Spiritual Qualifications: Candidate possesses a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ, is Reformed in theological convictions and practice, and has a clear calling and passion for Missions ministry. Relationship with Christ is genuinely visible and attractional.
• Personal Qualifications: Candidate is outgoing and relationship-oriented, and a natural recruiter/connector. Experience working with multiple age demographics and multicultural environments is a plus. Must be well-organized and able to effectively oversee a wide range of concurrent ministry activity.
• Educational Qualifications: Candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. An advanced degree is preferred but not required. Both ordained and non-ordained applicants will be considered.
• Leadership Qualifications: Candidate has a minimum of 5 years of experience in some form of Missions ministry. Gifted in teaching and equipping people to grow in their ability to serve in ministry. Understands how to build teams and empowers them to flourish.
• Other: Candidate must be/become a member of Central.
PLEASE SUBMIT EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST BY MAIL OR EMAIL.