Position Summary: Responsible for teaching and building discipling relationships with elementary school students so that they may come to know and grow in Jesus Christ.
Direct Report to: Senior Minister; employment items Administrative Minister
- Develop and implement creative ways of reaching children for Jesus Christ.
- Visits the students in their homes (with the permission of parents / guardians) and/or schools, teaching them and taking an interest in their lives.
- Serve as staff coordinator of all Children’s programs, including both Sunday and Wednesday evening worship and classes, and organizing these opportunities according to the needs of our students. This is accomplished in coordination with the Preschool Director.
- Recruit, train, and utilize volunteers to serve as teachers and assistants in Children’s worship and Bible School. Lead the volunteers in ministry to the students.
- Work with volunteers in selecting curricular materials, planning activities, and act as the church resource person in recommending educational materials for all elementary students.
- With the Preschool Director and volunteers, plan and implement a program of fellowship, camps, and other special programs (i.e. VBS) for the students to enhance the regular teaching.
- Include outreach, mission awareness, and spiritual development ministry efforts to further enhance the growth of the students.
- Work in harmony with the Youth Minister in planning and executing ministry that is coordinated and cohesive.
- Assist in a “transition” ministry with the Youth Minister specifically to get 5th graders familiar with the Youth program and similarly work with the Preschool Director to assist in the successful transition of 1st graders to the Children’s Ministry.
- Assist in administration, hospital calling, and other ministerial duties as directed by the Senior Minister or Administrative Minister.
To fulfill this position, the following qualifications and characteristics are necessary:
- A passion for serving Jesus Christ
- A love for Christ’s people and desire to help them grow in discipleship
- A burning desire to help children find and grow in Jesus
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Have leadership and communication skills, specifically in leading a team
- Exemplified a love for Christ’s Church and a desire to nurture and care for it
- A college degree, or equivalent life experiences, in an area of Christian ministry from a school recognized by the Elders of Boones Creek Christian Church
- Preferred successful experience in a similar ministry position
This position requires standing, walking, sitting, bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching, pulling, and lifting up to 40 pounds. In an eight-hour shift, this position may require sitting for three hours and standing or walking for five hours.