Providence Presbyterian Church is seeking to hire an assistant pastor for the express purpose of working with the mission work in Vincennes, IN. In July of 2022, Westminster Presbyterian Church ceased public worship and moved to mission status. Therefore, Providence Presbyterian Church has joyfully taken up the work of establishing a PCA church in the Vincennes area and has been granted complete oversight, along with the MNA committee of Illiana Presbytery, to accomplish it.
The minimum qualifications are as follows:
1. Extensive and proven church planting experience. The level of experience will be discussed in follow-up meetings, as needed.
2. If not already completed, a willingness to go through the MNA assessment program for church planting.
3. A love of the Reformed faith and the Westminster Standards.
4. A strong desire to labor in a small town (Vincennes has a population of ~18,000 residents).
5. The ability to work at the direction of the Session of Providence Presbyterian to establish and grow the mission work in Vincennes, IN, laboring primarily in that area (with minimal responsibilities at Providence).
6. A long-term vision for the work in Vincennes, IN.
7. A willingness to labor in a long-term circumstance.
If you are interested, please send a copy of your MDF, three sermons, a short biography, and other related experience information by email.