The Pastor of Grace serves as the moderator of the Session, leads in the shepherding of the hearts of the congregation, leads us forward in evangelizing the Relay community, and supports Grace’s core values and beliefs. The role of Pastor includes:
❖ Preaching and teaching of the Scriptures regularly in an accessible, straightforward and Gospel centered manner.
❖ Leading the session, staff and future leaders in their relationships, their character and their skill development such that the church is being shepherded by effective teams of leaders.
❖ Leading the flock in evangelism by sharing the gospel personally and by caring for lost, hurting people.
❖ Overseeing worship services that each week honor God, disciple and equip the believers and are attractive to outsiders who might be investigating the Christian faith.
The Pastor at Grace will exhibit the following attributes:
We seek a man who exhibits the following 1 Timothy 3-type attributes:
❖ A man who is strong in grace and joyfully preaches Christ with a prayerful humility, a passion for God, a compassion for lost people mingled with biblical clarity.
❖ A man who has strong personal integrity and relational skills.
❖ A man who deeply loves Christ and Christ’s imperfect bride, the church.
❖ A man who is repentant and humbly leads his family. If married his wife should know the Lord and be experiencing the joy and peace of Christ in her life and marriage.
❖ A man who, if blessed with children, is alongside his wife loving, nurturing and discipling them in age-appropriate ways.
❖ A man who is not easily intimidated by the complexities of life in our mid-Atlantic suburban/urban cultural context.
❖ A man who is able to pass the examinations of the Chesapeake Presbytery of the PCA.
The Pastor should be previously ordained and has served on a church staff.
We want to get to know you, your heart, and your life with Christ. In addition to your resume, PCA Ministerial Data Form, and cover letter please respond in no more than seven sentences each to the following questions:
• What do you see in this Grace Church packet that has caught your attention as a possible fit for you?
• Do you have life experience living near or in an urban context and if so, how has it shaped your ministry?
• Do you think you (and your family, if married with children) would be a good cultural fit in Southwest Baltimore County? What concerns, if any, do you have about living in this area?
• Who has mentored you, and what is different about your life as a result of this influence?
• Tell us something about your life and ministry that would help us understand you and your application.
• What are your interests, hobbies outside of ministry?
If you are interested in learning more about the Pastor role or would like to provide your information for consideration, please send copies of the following documents in PDF format to by email.
● Cover Letter
● PCA Ministerial Data Form
● Completed, typed out responses to the questionnaire
Please use the following format to label all attachments: FirstnameLastname_Resume. Examples:
We are looking to begin receiving documents from applicants as soon as October. We will indicate by email whether you will be interviewed within 2 to 3 weeks from receipt of your 4 application documents.