NHF is searching for a full-time or bi-vocational pastor to join our church.
The congregation of New Hope Fellowship is a casual, loving community looking to work with a pastor anxious to help them grow in their walk with Christ. We are not looking for a show every Sunday, but an individual who will meet this community where they are at, get to know them, and encourage growth. We hope to challenge and work with our new pastor just as much as he/she is willing to work with us. Whether young or well-versed, single or happily married, we invite interested individuals to take a look at our profile (see the attachment below).
The primary responsibility of the position is to prepare and preach weekly sermons from the Bible in an engaging, challenging, and truthful manner.
Role in the Church
The pastor will be expected to be an active, integrated member of the congregation. This position will work closely with the leadership (deacons and elders) as well as the church staff (worship coordinator and administrator) to guide the church in a dignified manner consistent with the teachings of the Bible.
The pastor will be expected to provide spiritual guidance for members and encourage growth in Christ.
● Ordained (or on the path to ordination) in the Christian Reformed denomination
● Able to provide strong, scripture-based leadership from the Reformed perspective
● Preaching experience preferred
● deep love and burden for people and souls
● clear, personal love for Jesus
● warmth in personality that people respond to well
● ability to understand and explain God’s Word
● ability to emotionally engage people both public and private
● clear communicator
● wisdom and discernment
● ability to communicate and encourage mutual accountability
● a servant leader