Supervised By: The Senior Minister
Spiritual Oversight: The Personnel Committee and the Session
● To lead the Youth Ministry of Cornerstone Presbyterian Church by overseeing, developing, and implementing the church’s vision and overall ministry to students in junior high and high school.
● To disciple students in the church and those connected to them by exemplifying Christ-like character, building strong godly relationships, and faithfully teaching the Scripture and the truths of the Reformed faith in a warm, gospel-centered, and practical manner in order that students might grow in their love for Christ and the church being equipped to serve the Lord and neighbor in the world.
● To support parents of youth by coming alongside them in the discipleship of their youth age children through organizing parent training opportunities on key subjects related to the discipling and care of youth.
● To perform general ministerial functions such as leading in worship, preaching, teaching, discipleship, and pastoral care
Minister of Youth and Families Duties and Responsibilities (65-75%)
● Lead the youth ministry team:
● Plan and lead regular Youth Ministry Team meetings
● Recruit, train, equip, and shepherd youth volunteer leaders
● Recruit, train, shepherd, and oversee the Youth Ministry staff/ interns
● Disciple youth in formal and informal ways, individually and in groups
● Pray regularly for the ministry of Cornerstone specifically its youth and families
● Organize, plan, and execute ministry programming to students in a variety of formats and contexts:
● Weekly programming includes but is not limited to Sunday school, Midweek, and Bible studies
● Seasonal programming includes but is not limited to youth fellowships, retreats, conferences, mission trips, and service projects.
● Occasional programming includes special events, fundraisers, and parent training forums/initiatives
● Serve as the lead voice/face in all youth ministry contexts
● Oversee and perform basic administrative tasks to assist the youth ministry in whatever is needed
● Provide budgetary oversight for youth ministry
● Ensure consistent, efficient, timely, and gracious communication with youth and parents
● Oversee all youth ministry publications and communications including but not limited to the youth midweek email, bulletin and app announcements, and content on the Cornerstone website youth page
General Ministerial Duties and Responsibilities (25-35%)
● Attend weekly staff meetings
● Attend monthly Leadership Meetings
● Assist regularly in leading Lord’s Day worship services
● Preaching up to 10% of Lord’s Day worship services as assigned by the Senior Minister
● Preach/Teach seasonally for midweek evening services as assigned by the Senior Minister
● Perform general pastoral duties/functions as called upon by the Senior Minister