Purpose: This position will be a full-time position which will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of student ministries (children and youth).
Qualifications: The Student Pastor must have a growing, vibrant relationship with Jesus, love working with and ministering to students, have a pastoral heart and desire to see the students grow in their relationship with Christ. Listed below are additional requirements:
• Must be a born-again Christian
• Meet the 1st Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5 qualifications for church leadership
• Commit to the church doctrines and beliefs clearly defined in scripture and expressed in the Baptist Faith & Message 2000, referenced in the church constitution and by-laws.
• Pastoral philosophy of equipping and discipling students
• Commitment to Accountability
• Strong teacher with a love for the Word of God
• Relational style of leadership and ministry
• General availability to Pastor, parents and student ministry volunteers
• GED or High School Diploma required; Bible College, seminary or some experience preferred.
SPECIFIC YOUTH DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Faithfully teach God’s infallible word. Seek to help students develop a strong daily relationship with Jesus Christ by emphasizing spiritual disciplines of daily Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, service and witnessing
• Lead students and families to regular participation in corporate worship with the whole church body
• Oversee weekly youth ministry meetings including but not limited to: Youth Life Groups, Youth Sunday Evening Activities, and Mid-Week Youth Program
• Lead Student Ministry Team (Youth Committee) in planning, organizing, coordinating and implementing student ministry programs and activities
• Arrange for a variety of age-appropriate activities, both at the church and outside the church, that will attract many different youth to the church and hold their interest – It is encouraged that there be a minimum of one youth activity a month during the school year and one a week during the summer.
• Enlist and train an effective volunteer ministry team
• Work with the student ministry team to achieve the collectively articulated goals of the ministry
• Prepare and submit annual budget request for all areas of assigned responsibility
• Involve students in missions, evangelism and community outreach
• Promote student ministry to the church and community utilizing the church bulletin, social media, church website and other means
• Communicate regularly with Pastor to ensure discipleship strategy is coordinated
• Periodically evaluate the student ministry and recommend improvements
• Be an extension/representation of church at youth, community and school events off the church campus.
• Other duties as assigned by Senior Pastor
SPECIFIC CHILDRENS DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Children’s ministry responsibilities will be largely administrative.
• Organize and lead the teams that carry out our major community outreach events – Vacation Bible School, Eggstravaganza (Easter), Trunk or Treat, etc.
• Lead and attend summer camps (children and youth) as well as youth mission trips.
• Organize midweek programming (BLAST and G3) – including the assigning of teachers and curriculum selection.
• Help students successfully transition from the children’s department to the youth.
• Competitive – TBD based upon candidate’s qualifications and experience.
• Please submit resumes by email with Attn: Student Pastor Search Committee. You may also submit to First Baptist Church, 721 Alford, Flippin, AR 72634.