To move forward well, we are looking for a Children’s Pastor.
Our KIDS church on Sunday has 35+ kids that attend regularly.
We are praying for Children’s Pastor who has a strong vision and passion for a coordinated disciple-making ministry and someone who will develop and equip leaders within our congregation to do the work of ministry.
If you feel intrigued by our church and are passionate about helping make disciples of children throughout their
development, we would love to talk with you.
Ministry and Purpose
The mission of CityLights Church is to help people know, love, and become like Jesus Christ.
Accountable to the Lead Pastor, serves with the staff team and council, leads volunteer ministry teams.
Vision for the Children’s Pastor
Children’s Pastor is responsible for developing, oversight, and implementing an effective disciple-making strategy for children. Our goal is that this work will result in:
• Strong disciple-making partnerships with ministry teams, parents/guardians, and families
• A coordinated and sequenced disciple-making approach through stages of development that will see:
o Children with a clear understanding of who Jesus is and His love for them
o Children with growing excitement about their relationship with God, pursuing him through the Word, prayer, fellowship, care, and multiplication
o Children connected to our church and participating in our mission to multiply disciple-making disciples
• Oversee all children programs, participants, and volunteers
• Sunday: Kids Church and Nursery
• Weekday: Kids midweek ministry
• Summer Daycamps for kids
• Plan to Protect Policy and Procedure Manual
• Parent/Family Events: child dedication workshops, parent cafes, parent resources, promotion and registration for events in conjunction with the junior high and high school pastors
• Administrative staff, interns, summer students
• Childcare during special events (Easter, Christmas, and other special services)
• Administrative Duties: Planning Center, website, newsletters, social media (in conjunction with social media specialist), curriculum, etc.
• Foster a passion for following Jesus among children
• Partner with parents/guardians to equip children and youth to be disciple-making disciples
• Train and support volunteer leaders as they disciple children
• Cultivate age-appropriate opportunities for children to grow as disciple-making disciples
• Participate in weekly staff meetings.
• Attend all general church services and functions.
• Maintain full time office hours that achieve a balance between the expectations for a member of the church staff and the realities of an effective and productive ministry to children
• Other duties as assigned by the Lead pastor or council team
• Membership, regular attendance, and faithful giving at CityLights Church
• Demonstrated heart for local church ministry
• A dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ as evidenced by a life of integrity, prayer, worship, and a passion for making disciples
• Genuine calling and gift for children’s ministry and teaching, with an ability to implement a holistic, Biblically-based curriculum
• Proficiency in verbal and written communication with both individuals and large groups
• Strong Biblical knowledge and ability to teach application
• Training or experience in leadership and/or ministry to children or youth
• Ability to organize effectively — and a willingness to strategically delegate when needed!
• Proactive interpersonal communication skills that support cooperation among church staff, elders, and volunteer leaders
• Sensitivity to the unique spiritual and emotional needs of children today
• Missions and outreach oriented, including leading children to minister to and serve the local community and wider mission-field
Benefits and Working Conditions
Pastoral positions require flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. The Assistant Pastor of Youth and Children’s Ministry position is salaried based on the expectation of an average 45–50 hours per week. Benefits include:
• Salary and housing allowance
• Retirement savings plan
• Health insurance
• Paid Vacation Time
• Essential tools provided
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required from accredited Bible College
• Strong Biblical and theological knowledge and discernment
• Must affirm the essential doctrines of the PAOC
• Prior work experience in children/youth/student ministries or Christian Education
How To Apply
Please indicate your interest by sending your resume by email.
o In your cover letter please tell us about your personal faith journey, your calling to ministry and your philosophy of children/youth ministries.
o Applicants accepted for interview must provide an acceptable vulnerable sector police records check as well as professional and personal references