Pinnacle Presbyterian Church seeks a creative, energetic, and welcoming individual to fulfill the full time Director of Children’s Ministries (DCM) position. This position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of children’s ministries (newborn through fifth grade) at Pinnacle Presbyterian Church (Pinnacle) in Scottsdale, Arizona. Pinnacle is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA) with about 1400 members and an active ministry to children and their families.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about teaching children about and introducing them to the love of Jesus. Our DCM will be a clear communicator, well-organized, and able and inspired to motivate people.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Sunday School Programing:
• Recruit and train volunteer leaders from throughout the congregation who will show children God’s love, teach them God’s Word and invite them into the joyful fellowship of the Body of Christ.
• Curriculum evaluation, selection, and implementation together with APFMCL.
• Ensure that Church School or other children’s programming takes place every Sunday of the year and that specific programming modifications are communicated well in advance.
• Seasonal events and programs (Advent/Christmas/Easter programs, periodic coordinated programming with mission organizations that serve children and families).
• Summer Camp programs including week-long community summer programs (VBS) and other events throughout the summer, etc.
• Mission projects that are open to children’s participation.
• Involvement in Leading/Participating in Worship Services as appropriate.
• Communicating with parents about ministry opportunities and events in addition to identifying needs.
• Participate in training opportunities as available/offered.
• Coordinate planning meetings and provide clear communication to volunteers.
• Regular communication with leaders of the various programs, including the staff and leaders of music programs for children.
• Availability to listen to and pray with children and families.
As a member of Pinnacle Presbyterian’s leadership, the DCM should exhibit the gifts of administration, leadership, teaching, evangelism, self-motivation, encouragement, and prayer. They should be dedicated to the community of believers in this place, accepting all people regardless of gender or sexual identity, have a demonstrated ability to work with lay leaders, have a passion for nurturing God’s children in faith, and be
dedicated to effective team ministry.
This is a full time, exempt (salaried) position with competitive compensation and benefits. Applicants must have a Bachelor Degree in a related field and preference will be given to individuals with advanced education and children’s ministry experience in a congregational setting. Interested individuals should familiarize themselves with Pinnacle’s mission and that of the Presbyterian Church (USA) before applying. Information. The DCM must be comfortable with and willing to support these ministry principles.