Hikes Point desires to help all people become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. In this full-time role as HPCC’S Worship Pastor, the person excelling in this important position must be an individual gifted in music, administration, and spiritual formation. They must exemplify an attitude of Christ and establish a position of leading people to the throne of God and helping them reach their full potential of impacting their community for Jesus Christ.
1. Immersed believer of Jesus Christ and an Ordained Minister
2. A conviction on the infallibility of God’s Word
3. Demonstrate a genuine love for people as the highest priority of ministry through communication, cooperation, and personal relationships
4. Demonstrate a love for Jesus where He is both Lord and Savior
5. Demonstrate a commitment of love, integrity, open communication, honesty, and harmony
6. Exhibit a work ethic of initiative, follow-through, organization, and positive attitude
2. Executive Pastor
1. Organize, oversee, and lead various worship services at Hikes Point Christian Church.
2. Oversee, organize, and prepare worship services through use of volunteers (vocal teams, instrumentalists, special music, tech team, etc.)
3. Meet and coordinate with Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor for a weekly production meeting in preparation and planning for Sunday morning worship services.
4. Recruit and train volunteers to help lead in the worship ministry area.
5. Coordinate and work with tech booth personnel for various services and programs.
6. Develop and organize special services such as Good Friday, Easter, Christmas Eve, etc.
7. Set goals each year for the Worship Ministry and make every effort to meet them.
8. Prepare an annual Worship Ministry budget and then administer it once it is approved.
9. Maintain a good working relationship with HPCC staff, elders, and members of the HPCC body.
1. Maintain a consistent, personal devotional life with Jesus Christ.
2. Maintain a wholesome family life through time, priority, and commitment.
3. Be involved in the regular study of God’s Word and any extra-Biblical literature that will advance knowledge of the Scriptures.
Leadership & Administrative:
1. Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings, and any other necessary meetings as needed.
2. Implement, lead, manage, and cast the vision for Worship Ministry within the church community of Hikes Point.
3. Develop long-term goals for HPCC in the area of worship and music.
4. Implement and manage the scheduling of Worship Ministry volunteers. This may include formation of teams to carry out different components of the HPCC Worship Ministry.
5. Promote Worship Ministry goals, strategies, and initiatives to the HPCC leadership.
6. Oversee all ministry teams in the Worship Ministry, providing leadership and guidance to all team leaders including participation of those in HPCC’s Spanish Ministry.
7. Promote and champion the HPCC Worship Ministry in a way that would honor and glorify God through oral, written and electronic publications and communications.
8. Other duties as assigned by Elders, Lead Pastor, and Executive Pastor.
Department Specific Responsibilities:
1. Develop and oversee a comprehensive strategy that nurtures a Christ-centered life through participation in worship at HPCC.
2. Develop and facilitate training workshops and/or retreats for HPCC worship ministry teams on a regular basis to help and encourage worship team members to grow in their skills and continue to develop their hearts to lead others to the Throne of God in worship.
1. Fulfill ministerial/pastoral duties as coordinated by the Executive Pastor (including, but not limited to weddings, funerals, counseling, visitation, and on-call duties).
2. Assist in contacting and ministering to HPCC members who have become inactive in corporate worship.
1. Bible College/University graduate with a degree in Worship Ministry.
2. Personal knowledge and previous full-time experience as a Worship Pastor and front-line leader.
3. Become an active member of HPCC and if married, spouse must also become an active member of HPCC.
4. Self-starter and have the ability to work hard in a growing church. Innate people skills: a perceptive, present, compassionate listener.
5. Able to inspire and motivate believers to engage in personal spiritual practices that will move them toward Christlikeness.
6. Well-developed communication skills: experienced in teaching, speaking, writing, and facilitating in areas related to Worship and Music Ministry.
7. Has actively developed experience in mentoring and giving direction to people involved in music and worship.
8. Has demonstrated the ability to successfully plan and implement ministry programs and events.
9. Well-grounded academic and practical familiarity with Christian theology, Scripture, and spirituality.
10. Has demonstrated the capacity for creative thinking and innovative strategic planning.
11. Experience in working with teams; needs to have positive and productive attitude to oversee leadership teams.
12. Proficient computer skills in utilizing software and web-based programs including but not limited to ProPresenter, various lighting software, Planning Center, CCLI, etc., and the ability to learn new computer software programs as needed.
13. Proficient skills and knowledge in utilizing a digital soundboard (current Behringer Wing and Behringer X32), in ear monitors, etc
Other jobs you may like
Worship and Youth Pastor
- Grandview Baptist Church in Davenpo...
- Closes: 31 Jul
Worship Leader Resident
- Gracepointe Church Northwood
- Closes: 14 Jul
- First Reformed Church in Fremont
- Closes: 31 Jul
- First Christian Church, Fairfield
- Closes: 31 Jul
- LifePoint Church of Elizabethtown
- Closes: 31 Jul