Trinity CRC in Edmonton, Alberta is seeking a Spirit-led individual who is passionate to lead and shepherd the youth of our church. We are seeking a full-time Youth Director to oversee and manage an exciting youth program.
The ideal candidate is a deeply committed follower of Jesus Christ with experience in youth ministry. Trinity is committed to “intentionally connecting with Christ, each other, and our neighbours for the glory of God.”
If you are looking to work in a faith-based environment with an energetic youth program and a strong pastoral team, this may be a fit for you. We are looking for a Director to oversee programs and further develop these programs according to the needs of the Church and our youth.
Lead Youth and Young Adults, Mentoring & Safe Church
● Prayerfully prepare yourself for worship and pray for youth and young adults to enjoy God’s presence in worship whether with or without their family.
● Plan ways to include youth and young adults meaningfully in regular worship.
● Attend worship regularly, both as an example to youth and a place to connect with you and their parents as well as the other generations at Trinity.
● Be part of planning youth services either at Trinity or as a larger CRC or ecumenical gatherings.
2. Pastoral Care
● Pray regularly for the youth and young adults of Trinity in their joys and struggles.
● Support them in their challenges and joys. “Be there” for them.
● Find ways to connect with them, working especially hard to connect lovingly with those who are moving away from a relationship with Christ and the church.
● Encourage the youth mentoring program at Trinity.
● Be aware of and follow Safe Church protocols.
3. Teaching and Leading Programs
● Teach one catechism class and ensure there are teachers for the other classes.
● Be aware of some of the current literature on Youth Ministry and evaluate the programs at Trinity, discussing your findings with the Education Committee as well as consulting with parents of your age groups and Guiding Elders when seeking to make changes.
● Lead our youth programs.
● Encourage the young people to connect with mentors and find and train the needed mentors.
● Encourage young adults in particular to become involved in our Small Groups. Discuss with the Discipleship Pastor what groups might be best for the young adults.
● Recruit leaders to work alongside of you and to support you in the programs you lead.
● Discuss with other pastors and elders some best practices to encourage and nurture in our youth the growth of personal faith and love for Jesus.
● Plan and lead suitable mission trips, whether locally or farther away.
● Look for ways to better know community youth and include them in our programs.
● As much as you are able, support the work of our Community Corner program.
● Be a resource for the deacons where requested.
● Ensure that VBS happens by building a team of good volunteer leaders.
● Lead a team that puts together a Christmas Eve service each year.
5. Personal/Professional Development
● Use your one week of study allowance per year for professional development. If more is necessary, please request it with rationale.
● A sabbatical policy is available
● Attend to your physical, spiritual and emotional health. Let the Lead Pastor know if you need help.
● Make use of the Pastors Support Team.
● Take part in a peer support group in the city and consult with the Classis Youth Consultant.
● Use your vacation time to be refreshed, starting with 2 weeks per year.
● Know the Vision and Mission of Trinity Church
● Be the lead person in the Safe Church work at Trinity and work with the team.
● Serve on the Education Committee and be a support person for all the youth program leaders.
● Regularly discuss your work with and report to (printed month reports) the Senior Pastor so he can share your work with Council. Attend council in person every 3 months. Meet weekly with the pastoral and office staff and pray together.
● Undergo a job evaluation led by Lead Pastor at 3 months, 6 months, and then annually thereafter.
Trinity is a community-based Church in North Edmonton. Our vision is Intentionally connecting with Christ, each other, and our neighbors for the glory of God. As the Youth Director for Trinity Christian Reformed Church you will have the opportunity to oversee and manage an exciting youth program and work with many volunteers within the church. Leadership, understanding and guiding the spiritual needs of the youth is key to the role. There is potential to grow the program within the church and the surrounding community.
At Trinity we are looking for a Youth Director who displays their skills by:
● Developing successful relationships with the youth and the congregation.
● Assisting with guiding the youth through their spiritual journey.
● Maintaining and further developing the youth program, including teen groups, young peoples and other youth focused groups.
● Creating and supporting a vision for the youth program that is in keeping with the mission and vision of the church.
● Participating in the church, congregation and community by sharing your gifts with others.
● Conducting your work in correlation with Safe Church practices
Our Youth Director will be responsible for the oversight of 5-8 youth programs and report to the Pastoral
team and Council. To qualify for this position, the ideal candidate will have:
● Experience as a Youth Director or similar experience working with and developing youth programs.
● Post secondary education in a related area or relevant experience in the field.
Benefits (Full-Time Salary)
● Competitive Salary
● Hybrid Work Options
● Health Benefits
● Yearly salary review
If you are looking to work in a faith-based environment, with an energetic youth program and among a strong pastoral team, this may be a fit for you. We are looking for a Director to oversee programs and further develop these programs according to the needs of the Church and our youth. Please send your resume and references by email. We look forward to hearing from you.
Other jobs you may like
Youth Pastor/ Director
- Maitland River Community Church
- Closes: 31 Jul
Director of Youth Ministries
- Maple Valley Church
- Maple Valley
- Closes: 31 Jul
Director of Children and Youth Ministries
- Union Presbyterian Church
- Los Altos
- Closes: 31 Jul
Assistant Pastor of Youth and Family Ministry
- Trinity Grace Church in Rogers
- Closes: 31 May
- First Baptist Church in London
- Closes: 31 Jul