Director of Weekend Ministries
Working in close relationship with the Senior Pastor, the Director of Weekend Ministries develops leaders & process that result in excellent, effective and strategically aligned weekend services and other high-level initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Education: BA/BS degree required
● Strategic and creative leader with 5-10 years of relevant leadership experience.
● Exhibits a strong personal commitment to Jesus Christ evidenced in personal relationships, commitment to the church, personal work ethic, compassion, and a heart for lost people.
● Exhibits excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills.
● Effective team builder with innate people skills.
● Able to develop, lead and manage teams of volunteers to achieve the mission of the church.
● Proven ability to design effective weekend services that are relevant, excellent and purposeful, and that effectively help Celebration accomplish its mission.
● Willing to enthusiastically work in a church environment.
● Possess a high degree of ministry readiness.
Overview of Job Duties:
● Work collaboratively with Worship and Creative Arts, Communications, children’s, students and hospitality ministries, to ensure that all facets of weekend ministry are conducted with excellence.
● Provide leadership in planning, preparing and executing reliably excellent, and strategically aligned weekend services. This includes:
○ Partnering with the lead pastor on message series planning.
○ Collaborating with the Pastor of Worship and Creative arts on service planning.
○ Overseeing planning and debrief processes.
○ Overseeing how communication strategies strategically integrate within the weekend services.
● Coach on-platform leaders and communicators, and the behind-the-scenes production teams.
● Serve as the ‘watchdog’ for the Celebration brand both in our weekend services and from a church-wide perspective.
● Champion church-wide marketing initiatives.
● Manage the weekend budget.
● As a member of the Leadership Team, provide input and take responsibility for high-level initiatives within the church including church wide events as assigned by the senior pastor.
● Insure the execution of ministry initiatives as assigned by the senior pastor.
● We have a great staff culture! Celebration has been named a Best Christian Workplace multiple times. We’ve worked hard to create a positive, cooperative workplace. We also value a long-term investment in our church. The average tenure of our leadership staff is over 11 years.
● We pay competitively. Our church has embraced the biblical ethic of a fair, living wage for its staff. To this end, we regularly evaluate our pay scale against other churches across the country. We also offer a full range of great benefits such as premium-free health insurance and retirement.
● We’re a great congregation. Celebration is recovering well from the realities of COVID, financially strong, and growing as a more ethnically diverse congregation. We are seeking to both multiply new churches and raise up a new generation of well discipled, spiritually mature leaders for the church.
Other jobs you may like
Assistant Pastor of Discipleship and Outreach
- Grace Central Church
- Closes: 30 Jun
Director of Missions
- Central Presbyterian Church in Clay...
- Closes: 30 Apr
Youth & Missions Pastor
- Sunnyside Baptist Church
- Closes: 30 Apr
Ministry Assistant for Missions and Evangelism
- Mount Vernon Baptist Church
- Glen Allen
- Closes: 30 Apr